New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Can't really compare but my sister has a 2009 MB300 and it was nice, but I've always been drawn to Lexus. I was recently trying to decide what car to purchase and safety, dependability, technology were some of the factors I looked at. Could've gone with MB but didn't. I mainly looked at the Prius Plug In and the Tesla Model S. Eventually went for Lexus and very happy with my decision.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by xthine View Post
    Can't really compare but my sister has a 2009 MB300 and it was nice, but I've always been drawn to Lexus. I was recently trying to decide what car to purchase and safety, dependability, technology were some of the factors I looked at. Could've gone with MB but didn't. I mainly looked at the Prius Plug In and the Tesla Model S. Eventually went for Lexus and very happy with my decision.
    You should have went for the Tesla Model S, it's now receiving raving reviews there

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Not enough Supercharging stations for me, If I were in CA perhaps I would've considered it more. Plus I didnt feel like being on a waiting list for the Model S. They will come out with another model in a few years, that will be something to look forward to.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    The torque figures are also important. The two cars have almost the same amount of torque. The A250 is turbocharged but spools pretty fast and matches the IS350's NA motor well. Definitely fun cars. A test drive should settle the issue along with you priorities.
    The IS350 will be a more practical choice because of size and comfort.
    The A250 is simply fun in a small package. Throwing around a lighter car with this much torque around corners may be the clincher.
    I have not driven these cars and just based my assumption on the articles you linked.
    If you could hold out a little while longer and extend your budget wait for the A45 or a coupe version of the IS350. As is though these two cars are good choices.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Sorry if you live in the U.S. I will get the lexus over the a class. But if the cla is on the list I might go for the cla.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    these cars automatically make the over priced mini-coopers' irrelevant.

BTT: I like turbo power but 300+ HP on that lexus 8-speed tranny sure is sweet. Tough choice. Im thinking if you can afford any of these cars, then this wont be your ONLY car. Either way they are both great choices. My personal pick would be the Lexus (but it would be the P3M version) for all the tech toys it has.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    is 350 for me.. :-) specially the f-sports.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Damn, the IS350 really looks nice on the road. I saw 2 of them in Makati/BGC area the other day. It really shouts out as sporty, even more sporty-looking than the standard BMW F30 3-series.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Lexus..ever since i talked to a guy who fabricates replacement parts for german cars here... secrets were revealed..

I think Lexus after sales service is way above expectation...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    i drove my sister's brand spanking new A250 sport yesterday. Was blown away by the performance in such a small car. I changed my mind. Id pick this instead over the Lexus. Fun in a small car really cant be beat. Didnt feel any turbo lag. The noise was nice. Didnt spend too long in it but for the short time i drove it, it was red line shifting all the way

The interior controls get a bit getting used to as the transmission stalk is like a windscreen wiper stalk. For all the tech goodies it has , its surprising what it DOESNT have though. Like a push start button and lack of power seats.

I really really really didnt like the manual seats - i particularly hated the rotary knob for reclining the seat back.

If I had the spare change, I'd get one but I heard theyre all sold out and the next batch arriving is a long way away

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast