New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Mercedes Benzes have always been Rear Wheel Drive cars. I've owned enough of them to prove the point.

Front wheel drive spells cost cutting IMHO.

Sorry, I just don't envision myself owning a puller Merc.

The IS350 together with the previous IS models, have always taken my fancy (hanggang dun lang)

Rear wheel drive
    Manual gearbox
    Inline 6 banger (the old model)
    Good handling dynamics
    Great on the twisties.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    MB100, MB Vito, MB A-Class...

Nope... no FWD there at all.

I think it's a good idea. The new A-class is bigger than the B-Class... a car which I really don't care for... not because it's front-wheel drive (not that this really matters at all on a modern Benz), but because it's not very good. The A-class is sportier than the old car, and more attractive. Why should Mercedes continue making commuter cars with no soul? Why not make them fun?

The only thing is the ride. I haven't ridden the regular A-Class, but the AMG is too stiff. Not at all what you want from a Benz.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^

Given its terrible reputation, I would'nt touch a Vito even with a 10 foot pole.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Sorry to slightly change the choices, what if I bring in the Newly launched 2015 Ford Mustang V6, 4 Cylinder Ecoboost or 5.0 V8 assuming they maintain the current model pricing between (2.4 to 2.9M). What would be the choice?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    being a fan of MB i'd still go with the a250, it's not that powerful but plenty of fun to drive. mustang, a250 and is350 can't be compared anyway. never driven the is350 but driven the f-sport comparing it to the a250 is a joke. driven an m/t mustang gt really powerful but heavy, what i hate the most though is the fact that ford ph is only selling a/t.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    reviving this thread

If you noticed i started a thread comparing the new MX5 MT vs WRX MT.

Honestly, as of this posting, i'm not sure what to get because the budget increased to 2.5m but not closing my doors from my original choices.

Now Im thinking if i should get the A250 or the base model or non f sport IS350.

Tried to push the budget to 3M to get the FSport but strongly denied but still negotiating haha!

Read online reviews and watch youtube videos already and from what i understand, IS350 has the advantage over the A250 but I need local opinions as well comparing A250 and IS350 (non fsport)

7. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Bro, test drive both and see what gets your fancy. As for me, got to experience the A250 also when I went to see the new C200. My take on the A250 is that it drives and handles well for a FWD, got lots of power too. Only downside for me is the space and it lacks goodies that should be present in a premium car... e.g. seats are not full leather, semi power seats only, etc. For the IS meanwhile, you get all the goodies, it's bigger, it's RWD, it's direct competitor is the C200, A4, BMW 3 series. The reason why it's priced lower is because of the JPEPA, so you get value for your money.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Sister has an a250. Bleh. Drove it
    Sat in it. Rode it. Lexus na lang.

Is it a hot hatch? Barely. Its not that fast.

But its tiny. Seats recline via that infernal knob that you twist and gash your knuckles doing so. The display looks like a cheap plastic tablet. Rear legroom is non existent. Gear shift is on a wiper stalk. Sheesh.okay it has paddle shifters but the gear design puts me off. Controls look dated. Suspension is stiff as hell. And if recall correctly they dont sell the a250 here anymore just the a200 which is even slower.
    Last edited by EQAddict; June 24th, 2015 at 08:50 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Thanks guys.. Leaning towards the IS talaga, just wanted to get confirmation haha!

Saw the A250, no wow factor inside but when i sat inside the IS, ibang iba talaga.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

10. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Is the A250 still available? I read somewhere that it has been phased out already by the A200 as the CLA250 is over 3M.

So if looking for a brand new sports sedan/hatch, the IS350 or even IS350 F-Sport is still the best in terms of value.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast