New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ao15 View Post
    hehe.. kaya pala mababa offer samin ng mazda sa my ortigas kasi mapapalitan na din ung mazda3.. nasa 14% ata nung nginquire kami..

yup sinama ko na din ung civic sa listahan ng mga balak kong car na bilin.. nung nagbasa din ako ng mga forums e nabasa ko na mejo overpriced daw ung toyota altis?tama ba? compare sa mga cars na kakompetensya gaya ng lancer ex, honda civic...
    I don't think the Altis is that overpriced. IMO, mukhang tama lang naman. Toyota dealers currently are giving relatively generous discounts.

As for the Civic, medyo nagulat lang ako dahil sabi sa Civic forums, may posibilidad na 900K na daw ang base model nito paglabas ng facelifted version. If ever you're seriously considering the Civic, kung okay lang sa'yo, get the current model na lang kasi cosmetic changes lang naman daw ang ginawa. Baka may discounts din na ibigay. That's just me, though.

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    how bout' sa FC ng lancer EX? oks po ba? and madaming nagsasabi samin na mahirap daw maghanap ng parts ng lancer mitsubishi dito..

3. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Would the Civic's double-wishbone rear suspension give it a better ride than the mazda3, lancer or altis?

In terms of FC, from what I am reading they are almost the same? Kahit na 2.0 ang lancer and the mazda and altis are 1.6?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Hi! Hope my kwentos wont offend any and hope this may help. everything that i will state here is only based on my own experience (and of my friends & family members)

- Mazda 3 1.6 - We bought one last Feb 2006 and sold it last tues (June 02, '09) - super kalampagin even before it reached its 2nd year. busching was replaced, and so were all 4 of the disc brakes. Mind you, this was not a lemon car and it was only driven by 2 drivers at the most, me & my wife (& we our residence and office dont pass along rocky roads). we definitely love the looks (both interior [dashboard, orange lights, etc] & exterior) but it just got worse in less than 2 years and thought we will never get another mazda EVER again. Lastly our friend also has one ....with similar problems.

- Corolla Altis / Honda Civic 08-09 - We bought a civic last 2007 december and what can we say...a honda is a honda, great to drive, great gas mileage, comfort, stability, matibay...what else?? My good friend is a toyota lover and never had any problems with it too. We started having civics since 1995 ESI (sold it last 2006 & never had any major problems with it) then bought a 1997 model, then a 2000 model then a 2007 model.
    Civics & Corolla's are surely a wise buy...plain & simple. Hands down!

- Now comes the Lancer. its a CKD (complete knockdown) straight from Japan (& i wish this would pose as a guarantee for toughness.) Great looks, front, side&rear. interior is not bad either (plenty of headroom) - though we know they've (japan) made it better considering its nasty reputation from previous models but no one can ever tell...NOT YET ......if it will last because its hasnt reached more than a year.

Yes, i'll be getting a new one next week (a GLS 2.0 in red color) & im excited about it. I can post feedbacks every 6 months just for the curious ones. & i hope i dont lose the gamble because i've grown tired convincing everyone who kept on telling me to go for the safer choice but my heart really belongs to the Lancer (fewer on the road, nicer to the eyes) but by brain goes to the civic & corolla.

Hope this helps!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
MAZDA3 1.6L S A/T (4dr)/Lancer EX GLX/Toyota Corolla Altis