New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Rygel View Post
    Mazda3 1.5 HB
    + The design has always attracted me and makes me want to drive this car. I imagine I'll make excuses to use it even just to buy groceries
    - smaller legroom (but it'll just be me 80% of the time)
    - I'm worried that the 1.5 engine won't be adequate for the occl trips to Baguio and Baler and Quezon and I can't find detailed reviews of this trim online
    - it was introduced in 2014... So a major design change could come soon
    + fits my budget with some extra room while Yoijin is in effect. After Yoijin, I've read mixed reviews

Get the Mazda 3, it's the car that you want and it's a really good car ... it's only you driving 80% of the time, so the less than ideal legroom is not a concern ... the 1.5 engine's power is good enough for those trips ... when you have the budget, you can always have it tuned by OrangeVirus to get more power and efficiency ...

Current Mazda 3 is the mid cycle model refresh already so the kinks and bugs have been ironed out as opposed to a newly released model which might still have gremlins and problems ... After Yojin, the maintenance cost of a Mazda 3 is at par with similar year model Japanese vehicles ...

2. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    For the price of these two options, you can check out the new Jetta 2.0L TDI DSG for 1.1M. You get Euro quality for the price of a Japanese car plus it comes with a powerful turbo Diesel engine.

http://www.topgear.com.ph/news/car-n...ef=home_feed_2
    We've ruled out diesel engines for now. I know they've come a long way but I think the quality of our diesel fuel is the reason for frequent maintenance of diesel engines

3. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    For the price of these two options, you can check out the new Jetta 2.0L TDI DSG for 1.1M. You get Euro quality for the price of a Japanese car plus it comes with a powerful turbo Diesel engine.

http://www.topgear.com.ph/news/car-n...ef=home_feed_2
    Is this the same as the Golf GT? I can't find the Jetta in the VW PH website

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Is this the same as the Golf GT? I can't find the Jetta in the VW PH website
    No. This is the Jetta:

This is the Golf:

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    No. This is the Jetta:

This is the Golf:

Must be an upcoming model... I can’t find it on the VW PH website

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    TopGearPH posted the pics on its feature article. If you want to see the real thing, just go to a VW showroom. The new Jetta and Golf GTS wagon are displayed already.

7. Join Date
    May 2011
    Naliliitan ako sa 1.5 L engine on this platform unless it's turbo. Magbabawas pa ng HP at torque sa katagalan.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The Jetta has been offered in the PH market ever since VW set foot here. First overpriced at almost 1.5M, they reduced prices to under 1M last year to flush out stocks. The updated 2017 model now has very reasonable prices.

The Jetta 2.0 TDI would've been my first choice if it came out a month earlier.

9. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The Jetta has been offered in the PH market ever since VW set foot here. First overpriced at almost 1.5M, they reduced prices to under 1M last year to flush out stocks. The updated 2017 model now has very reasonable prices.

The Jetta 2.0 TDI would've been my first choice if it came out a month earlier.

Link to the model on the PH website of VW please... I really can't find it

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Link to the model on the PH website of VW please... I really can't find it
    It isn't in the website because they probably took out the old Jetta entry and haven't uploaded the new one. Even the Golf GTS isn't in the website yet.

Why not go to a VW dealership to see the car in person? You should also do the same for the Mazda 3 in Civic. There's a big difference between pictures and spec sheets vs. an actual test drive.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast