New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    You might find yourself needing more space in the future so make sure you check out the XV's trunk space before deciding to get it.

Check out the Subaru PMS thread here in the forums. Its not the maintenance cost that would might give you headaches but rather parts availability and cost.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00ED using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Exactly the same options for a wife a few months back. She ended up paying for a Forester XT, instead. But among the 3 with wife and baby on board, I will get the HR-V. If you can save a bit, get a Forester. Hindi ka magsisisi.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Thanks for the input guys, yes practicality-wise hr-v is the best choice, I'm just a little bit worried with the cvt driving feel, is it really that numb and rubberband like feel based on what I've read on some reviews?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
    You might find yourself needing more space in the future so make sure you check out the XV's trunk space before deciding to get it.

Check out the Subaru PMS thread here in the forums. Its not the maintenance cost that would might give you headaches but rather parts availability and cost.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00ED using Tapatalk
    Okay I will check, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by confused shoes View Post
    Exactly the same options for a wife a few months back. She ended up paying for a Forester XT, instead. But among the 3 with wife and baby on board, I will get the HR-V. If you can save a bit, get a Forester. Hindi ka magsisisi.
    The subcompact crossovers TOTL almost same price ng base model ng compact crossovers right? if ever TOTL hr-v vs base model ng forester which is the better choice? (As much as I want the XT but limited pa budget :D)

5. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by ShogunPing View Post
    Thanks for the input guys, yes practicality-wise hr-v is the best choice, I'm just a little bit worried with the cvt driving feel, is it really that numb and rubberband like feel based on what I've read on some reviews?
    rubber band feel? that happens when going very fast and letting go of the gas pedal, very minimal, it feels like an engine breaking, you wont notice it in everyday driving..

6. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Okay I will check, thanks!

The subcompact crossovers TOTL almost same price ng base model ng compact crossovers right? if ever TOTL hr-v vs base model ng forester which is the better choice? (As much as I want the XT but limited pa budget :D)

i drive a xt, once the novelty of going fast fades, it becomes just another daily driver.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Yep, a Forester 2.0i-L would be a more practical buy over a TOTL subcompact crossover. The novelty of the features will fade over time but the additional space and comfort will be useful over the lifetime of the car. We did check the HRV last year when we were shopping for a crossover. I felt that a CRV is a much better choice over it.

Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    rubber band feel? that happens when going very fast and letting go of the gas pedal, very minimal, it feels like an engine breaking, you wont notice it in everyday driving..
    If you're used to driving an automatic, there won't be much of a difference except that with CVT, the sensation of going fast is not like the traditional AT or DCT. There is no sensation of going up thru the gears.

i drive a xt, once the novelty of going fast fades, it becomes just another daily driver.
    Yep, very true. My Forester XT is a good daily driver and it drives more like a big and tall sedan. It just happens that it gets up to speed quicker than most cars on the road.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Exactly what I saw in that brand, it's a fast car, it's a rally car. But these days who really makes slow cars unless they want to file for bankruptcy in the near future.

Sent from my Macbook 12"

9. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    A year ago i was choosing between that HRV and my Nissan Juke. Now, i wanna sell my Nissan Juke.

There are just too many factors now in Metro Manila road conditions. These types of cars are like bringing a knife to a gun battle,

Sent from my Macbook 12"

10. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    cx-5 is also worth looking in to, if titignan mo forester. with yojin at least factored in na yung oil/labor maintenance mo sa short term.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast