New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    ano po kaya mas maganda? gagamitin lang everyday school-bahay, tapos kung shortened alis kasama barkada., ano rin po mas matipid sa gas? both are all power and M/T.. the difference between the two are also well appreciated. thanks..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kristian 13 View Post
    ano po kaya mas maganda? gagamitin lang everyday school-bahay, tapos kung shortened alis kasama barkada., ano rin po mas matipid sa gas? both are all power and M/T.. the difference between the two are also well appreciated. thanks..
    Ride quality I prefer the Mazda 323 Familia but the fuel consumption is rather poor.

Both cars are relatively cheap and good to drive but between the two, the 323 Familia is more fun to drive.

Sentra series 3 gives you better fuel consumption numbers, especially with a manual tranny.

yup sentra mas matipid sa consumo...and alam ko t.chain na ang ga16 ng sentrathan the mazda's t.belted b6...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i think nagka ganitong comparison na. try searching din. iclarify ko lang kung yung 323 na sinasabi mo is the gen 2 (big body) familia?

pero to add na rin, we had both models. i prefer to drive the familia. kung passenger ako, sa sentra.

parts, halos pareho lang price. although sa nissan may casa support ka pa. for the mazda, kia pasay na lang ata ang natitirang "casa" for the columbian motors-era mazdas. di ko alam kung pumapayag yung mga bagong mazda dealers.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Have used both cars, and yes the sentra (my current b14 & previous b13) has better fuel economy, but i prefer the handling of the mazda.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the sentra has better ride comfort and better fuel consumption, if the car will be used as a daily drive. and besides, the A/C is very good (the Nissan Aircon phenomena) tapos naka timing chain pa sya.

but the Mazda Familia 323 if you want to modify or make "porma" the car.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    mazda familia is definitely more stable and fun to drive at high speed and corners..very good suspension..Sentra is also good with faster acceleration and better mileage..cant go wrong with both cars..but for me, ill get the mazda..just look out for rust on the rear fenders..sakit ng familia..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Ouch! This is hard for me, since both are my favorite 90s era cars. But since we are talking bout prolly 10-12 year old cars, i'll get the Sentra.

Primarily because of its bullet engine (GA16DE) fitted with a timing chain. Pag bumibili kami ng oto, ang una namin pinapalitan is timing belt if so fitted. Pag naputulan ka, laking hassle at gastos, it's something that you dont like to experience after 1 or 2 weeks after acquiring the car kung di mo alam na due for replacement na pala to.
    The Sentra's timing chains are a thoughtful touch from the Nissan's engineers. Very much appreciated. I feel that the Sentra's engine is a bit more willing and it is mated to a very good 5 speed stick. Which is crisp and precise. By the way, it is not to say that the engine of the Familia is not powerful, it just that the stick shift IMO, is a bit vague and crappy compared to the Sentra's. I dont feel like Im using 100% of its engine's potential.

The Sentra's beam axle rear suspension is cheap to maintain and provides a more supple ride (but not at one wheel bumps though). It's a simple mechanism that just runs, runs and runs even without you minding it.
    The Familia is more sportier. If you enjoy driving then the suspension is forgivable, it's not harsh but it is compliant. It's even a bit better than the Civic even if the suspension was just lowly struts. The chassis tuning made by Mazda was great.
    The Sentra is more ride than drive and the Mazda is just a bit less of a rider but trumps the Sentra in handling.

Features. I like the Sentra offers more convenience and less about safety which is what the Familia's favoring. Power folding mirrors, antennas adds to the usual power features. Only the SE variant offers ABS in 1996. 1997 models had standard driver's airbag. Super Touring models had foglights.
    The Familia GLXi, the top line model back then dont have power folding mirrors nor power antenna but has 4 wheel disc brakes, ABS and Foglights as standard. The crappy stereo has 6 disc changer mounted at the trunk and center rear armrest and has dual glove box if that adds a plus to you ;) 1998 models acquired a driver side airbag and a facelifted look.

Cabin space favors the Familia hands down. Its downright roomy. The 90s Nissan Altima will be ashamed as to how comfortable is the cabin of the 323. The Sentra isnt tight but is a snug fit, not my cup of tea.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Ouch! This is hard for me, since both are my favorite 90s era cars. But since we are talking bout prolly 10-12 year old cars, i'll get the Sentra.

Primarily because of its bullet engine (GA16DE) fitted with a timing chain. Pag bumibili kami ng oto, ang una namin pinapalitan is timing belt if so fitted. Pag naputulan ka, laking hassle at gastos, it's something that you dont like to experience after 1 or 2 weeks after acquiring the car kung di mo alam na due for replacement na pala to.
    The Sentra's timing chains are a thoughtful touch from the Nissan's engineers. Very much appreciated. I feel that the Sentra's engine is a bit more willing and it is mated to a very good 5 speed stick. Which is crisp and precise. By the way, it is not to say that the engine of the Familia is not powerful, it just that the stick shift IMO, is a bit vague and crappy compared to the Sentra's. I dont feel like Im using 100% of its engine's potential.

The Sentra's beam axle rear suspension is cheap to maintain and provides a more supple ride (but not at one wheel bumps though). It's a simple mechanism that just runs, runs and runs even without you minding it.
    The Familia is more sportier. If you enjoy driving then the suspension is forgivable, it's not harsh but it is compliant. It's even a bit better than the Civic even if the suspension was just lowly struts. The chassis tuning made by Mazda was great.
    The Sentra is more ride than drive and the Mazda is just a bit less of a rider but trumps the Sentra in handling.

Features. I like the Sentra offers more convenience and less about safety which is what the Familia's favoring. Power folding mirrors, antennas adds to the usual power features. Only the SE variant offers ABS in 1996. 1997 models had standard driver's airbag. Super Touring models had foglights.
    The Familia GLXi, the top line model back then dont have power folding mirrors nor power antenna but has 4 wheel disc brakes, ABS and Foglights as standard. The crappy stereo has 6 disc changer mounted at the trunk and center rear armrest and has dual glove box if that adds a plus to you ;) 1998 models acquired a driver side airbag and a facelifted look.

Cabin space favors the Familia hands down. Its downright roomy. The 90s Nissan Altima will be ashamed as to how comfortable is the cabin of the 323. The Sentra isnt tight but is a snug fit, not my cup of tea.

mazda 323 or sentra series 3