New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by sm2by View Post
    If you can wait the all new Elantra is about to be released in April according to sir SG and 3 variants daw po siya:
    1.6 GL M/T (Baka 6 M/T)
    1.8 GLS A/T
    1.8 GLS-Limited A/T

Di pa naman sigurado eh.

Di ako nagsalita ng tapos sa post ko.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cliphton15 View Post
    Hi guys

Just wanna seek help am planning to buy car on April and am having doubt if it is Mazda 3 1.6 S or the Cruze 1.8 LS variant?
    Hope somebody help me thanks..

looks wise, feature wise and model-wise ... cruze ako.

but besides that, i'd get the mazda 3 which falls on the practicality's side. yes, it may not me as american-feeling such as the cruze but heck atleast the maintenance is way cheaper. plus, yung ano pa ... parts availability. even though may kamahalan ang parts ng mazda compared to toyota, atleast its widely available kahit sa CASA unlike the cruze which CAN take for months before CERTAIN parts to arrive tas ginto pa ang presyo.

and yeah, after-sales service is WAYYYYY better than the chevy's. I've had one ( optra ) and its such pain in the ass. Pero mabilis ha, sa rektahan.

yun lang naman.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    The Cruze is a proper driver. But there's not much fun in swinging it around the corners. Like what I said, it excels at one thing: cruising.

The Mazda, on the otherhand, sucks at cruising (NVH levels is annoying at high speeds. At 100km/h, it's very audible) but makes this up with its ability to swing it from curb to curb. Very enjoyable.. just hope there aren't potholes as those hurt you a LOT. The bite from the breaks is probably best in its category.. even Honda FD drivers say so. The Cruze? Slightly mushy..

Both are heavy, mind you. Take an elevated Quiapo bridge for example.. the Mazda would rev to 4,300RPM first to second and 3,400RPM second to third just to get moving. You're at 2,400-2,600RPM steady at speeds of 100km/h (compared to 1,800RPM of a Sonata's 2.4 Theta engine)

At the end, I'll still go for the Mazda 3. Not because I'm biased, but because it offers a value for the amount and a reputation to back it up.

Two points:
    You = driver ----> Mazda3
    You = passenger ---> Cruze
    Last edited by jhnkvn; March 16th, 2011 at 01:43 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    CASH? Mazda3
    Car Loan? Cruze
    Maintenance? Mazda3
    Performance and Comfort? Cruze

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The CHEVY CRUZE LS is hard to fault. Hands down, it is a nice car overall package at a good reasonable price.

But if you cannot trust the casa's aftersales to support you and your car well over the next few months and years, it is something you should take note of.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    As for recent the after sales of Chevy:
    I had an incident where my hood needed replacement for my Cruze.
    It took my insurance company about 1-2 weeks to approve.
    As for Chevy... Friday, the hood was ordered, and the hood arrived today. 5 days later. They were pretty quick to respond, and very helpful.

About 3-4 years ago, we were thinking of buying a new car. the Mazda 3 was on the top of our list..atually it was our number 1 choice. We didn't end up buying a new car then due to some financial situations.
    December 2010, we were again looking to buy a new car. The Mazda 3 wasn't on our list anymore because it's not really "new" anymore. There was a new Civic, New City, new Vios, new Corolla, but the Mazda 3 was still the same as it was 3-4years ago.

I chose the Cruze for the value for its money. The features of the car surpasses every car in its class. The space is big. I loved the look. Nice interior as well as exterior. And I didn't want a car that you see around every corner of the block, i didn't want a car that almost everyone has. I wanted to be a little different.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The Cruze is not the Optra. The Cruze is a worldwide sold car. Unlike the Optra, so there's no use in comparing the two. Also, maybe we can give benefit of the doubt to the Covenant Car Company compared to the former GM Ph.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by eljo3025 View Post
    The Cruze is not the Optra. The Cruze is a worldwide sold car. Unlike the Optra, so there's no use in comparing the two. Also, maybe we can give benefit of the doubt to the Covenant Car Company compared to the former GM Ph.
    Yung Optra hindi ba?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Yung Optra hindi ba?
    Hatchback:
    Buick Excelle HRV
    Chevrolet Lacetti
    Chevrolet Optra5
    Daewoo Lacetti
    Holden Viva
    Suzuki Reno
    Sedan:
    Buick Excelle
    Chevrolet Lacetti
    Chevrolet Optra
    Daewoo Nubira
    Holden Viva
    Suzuki Forenza
    Wagon:
    Buick Excelle
    Chevrolet Lacetti
    Chevrolet Optra
    Chevrolet Optra XL
    Chevrolet Nubira
    Daewoo Nubira
    Holden Viva
    Suzuki Forenza

Ang Cruze kasi sold as either Daewoo Lacetti or the Chevrolet Cruze lang, so known worldwide as the Chevrolet Cruze except sa Korea. Kaya nasabi kong sold worldwide. Siguro maganda i-term known worldwide.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Double post.
    Last edited by eljo3025; March 18th, 2011 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Double post

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Mazda 3 vs. Cruze LS