New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cliphton15 View Post
    So possibility that the 2011 Elantra model would be much expensive? well I think deserving pa din naman yun...
    Kung diesel variant malamang mas mahal sa 998k.

Pero kung gasoline variant na 1.6-1.8L dapat mas mababa ang price sa 1M.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    The Cruze is a proper driver. But there's not much fun in swinging it around the corners. Like what I said, it excels at one thing: cruising.

The Mazda, on the otherhand, sucks at cruising (NVH levels is annoying at high speeds. At 100km/h, it's very audible) but makes this up with its ability to swing it from curb to curb. Very enjoyable.. just hope there aren't potholes as those hurt you a LOT. The bite from the breaks is probably best in its category.. even Honda FD drivers say so. The Cruze? Slightly mushy..

Both are heavy, mind you. Take an elevated Quiapo bridge for example.. the Mazda would rev to 4,300RPM first to second and 3,400RPM second to third just to get moving. You're at 2,400-2,600RPM steady at speeds of 100km/h (compared to 1,800RPM of a Sonata's 2.4 Theta engine)

At the end, I'll still go for the Mazda 3. Not because I'm biased, but because it offers a value for the amount and a reputation to back it up.

Two points:
    You = driver ----> Mazda3
    You = passenger ---> Cruze
    Please tell us what is your definition of fun.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by iwas_usok View Post
    Please tell us what is your definition of fun.
    Fun is basically the connection of the road with the driver... Ask any BMW driver and they'll probably state their purchase was because of BMW's "sheer driving pleasure" slogan. Fast forward 2010, the Cruze is isolated. Not much fun to drive around but it'll suffice from getting your to point A to point B without any harshness.

Personally, I believe the Mz3 is suited for young drivers while the Cruze is suited for people who wants a relaxed ride (aka older ones :D)

Although I drive a cushioned midsized sedan, I wouldn't mind driving a Mz3 again. The 'fun' factor really drives young men to drive (tinatamad kasi tayo paminsan umalis ng bahay). There's a reason why the Mazda Miata is often considered the purist sports car of course, a step above that and I'd happily take a Porsche Boxster. Hehe..

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Mazda 3 vs. Cruze LS