New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Hi guys, I'm planning to buy an auto yet torn thinking which of these two should I buy. I preferred M/T and I guess both of them have a model that is a M/T.
    Can someone help me to decide between the two? I'm still newbie about cars.
    Lets compare them about the

Model: (whether if it is GX , GT , GTX , because I dont know what is it and what's the meaning of it )
    Fuel Consumption:
    Price:

Sorry in advance for the request but I really do much appreciate it when you guys help me. You guys can teach me while browsing and reading sa threads here in this site.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by KennO View Post
    Hi guys, I'm planning to buy an auto yet torn thinking which of these two should I buy. I preferred M/T and I guess both of them have a model that is a M/T.
    Can someone help me to decide between the two? I'm still newbie about cars.
    Lets compare them about the

Model: (whether if it is GX , GT , GTX , because I dont know what is it and what's the meaning of it )
    Fuel Consumption:
    Price:

Sorry in advance for the request but I really do much appreciate it when you guys help me. You guys can teach me while browsing and reading sa threads here in this site.
    The Mazda 3 doesn't come with a manual, so between the two, the Lancer is your only option.

I would really suggest that you start by reading the brochures of both cars first. You can download that from the website.

Since you can't get a Mazda 3 with a manual and the Lancer is very old, I really suggest that you just look elsewhere.

My top 3 picks for a manual first car would be:

1. Altis 1.6G MT
    2. Jazz 1.5V MT
    3. Volkswagen Jetta 1.6 TDI MT

The Jetta is the best package among the 3 because of its diesel engine but availability is rare. The Altis is a great all-rounder - class-leading space, decent features, great engine paired with a 6-speed manual, plus Toyota's reliability and resale value. The Jazz is a great subcompact that's really fun to drive and is cheaper than the other two.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Are you decided on the manual transmission? I would think twice on getting a manual if my daily route is always on an absolute crawl.

Between your two choices, I'd drop the lancer since the platform is already dated. Among the current crop of compacts, I'd pick the mazda 3. Take a look at the altis, civic and elantra too as other options.

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
    Are you decided on the manual transmission? I would think twice on getting a manual if my daily route is always on an absolute crawl.

Between your two choices, I'd drop the lancer since the platform is already dated. Among the current crop of compacts, I'd pick the mazda 3. Take a look at the altis, civic and elantra too as other options.

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk
    You make me think twice if I should get MT haha thanks for sharing the information. Now I'm thorn between A/T or M/T haha

5. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The Mazda 3 doesn't come with a manual, so between the two, the Lancer is your only option.

I would really suggest that you start by reading the brochures of both cars first. You can download that from the website.

Since you can't get a Mazda 3 with a manual and the Lancer is very old, I really suggest that you just look elsewhere.

My top 3 picks for a manual first car would be:

1. Altis 1.6G MT
    2. Jazz 1.5V MT
    3. Volkswagen Jetta 1.6 TDI MT

The Jetta is the best package among the 3 because of its diesel engine but availability is rare. The Altis is a great all-rounder - class-leading space, decent features, great engine paired with a 6-speed manual, plus Toyota's reliability and resale value. The Jazz is a great subcompact that's really fun to drive and is cheaper than the other two.

If the preferred transmission is AT , should I go in Mazda 3?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by KennO View Post
    If the preferred transmission is AT , should I go in Mazda 3?
    If you want a Mazda 3, get one. It's got good handling, pretty feature-packed, and looks good in and out. Just change the hideous stock rims of the 1.5 which look terrible on the car. Or if you can afford it, get the 2.0.

I personally prefer the Civic 1.8E. Bigger and more powerful than the Mazda 3 1.5.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    If you want a Mazda 3, get one. It's got good handling, pretty feature-packed, and looks good in and out. Just change the hideous stock rims of the 1.5 which look terrible on the car. Or if you can afford it, get the 2.0.

I personally prefer the Civic 1.8E. Bigger and more powerful than the Mazda 3 1.5.

Same with jut, if choosing the Mazda3, go for the 2.0L model. The Civic 1.8E will be much better than the Mazda3 1.5L. Now, if you want a quick/fast car for around the same price as the Mazda3 1.5L, get the Focus 1.5L Ecoboost. Both the Mazda3 and Focus are a bit small inside compared to the Civic, Altis, or Sylphy.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Same with jut, if choosing the Mazda3, go for the 2.0L model. The Civic 1.8E will be much better than the Mazda3 1.5L. Now, if you want a quick/fast car for around the same price as the Mazda3 1.5L, get the Focus 1.5L Ecoboost. Both the Mazda3 and Focus are a bit small inside compared to the Civic, Altis, or Sylphy.
    I really wouldn't recommend the Focus to anyone because parts availability is just awful, even from the dealership. My officemates with Focuses have been using Vioses for months because that's how long it takes to order parts.

FGP themselves said that the Focus is not their priority so I expect the car to have very little support in the long run.

The fun from the turbo can't overcome the headache from an unreliable car and dealership network.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ^^^ No wonder it is one of Ford's least selling model locally. I wonder if Ford has any local statistics on the reliability of the new Focus Ecoboost 6AT against the older 2.0L DCT model.

My friend seems to have no issues so far with his Sport (HB) 1.5L Ecoboost except for the fuel consumption on city driving routes. His average FC is about the same as my Forester XT.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Isn't the Ford Escape the least selling model of Ford? ...

Don't think the VW Jetta is available anymore at a discounted price ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast