New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    Between the two, mas type ko interior at exterior ng Mazda 3.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Up! Jazz VX vs Mazda 3 1.5V
    adding in Altis 1.6 G CVT

this will be my first car, so I really have limited knowledge in terms of maintenance and etc.

-will be used everyday 9am to 6pm; Antipolo to Makati via Rosario Pasig, C5, EDSA, Ayala (parang lahat ng impyernong traffic dadaanan ko) around 40 KM travel per day (back and forth)
    -it will be a long ride so fuel efficiency, comfort, and reliability are the criteria
    -i don't care about looks or any subjective nonsense, so objective reasons please
    Last edited by kio; June 23rd, 2015 at 10:22 AM. Reason: correction

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kio View Post
    this will be my first car, so I really have limited knowledge in terms of maintenance and etc.
    Mazda's Yojin3 gives you free maintenance for 3 years. All you have to do is bring in your car at the recommended schedule (they're understandably strict about this). The comfort and FC are just bonuses

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009

-will be used everyday 9am to 6pm; Antipolo to Makati via Rosario Pasig, C5, EDSA, Ayala (parang lahat ng impyernong traffic dadaanan ko) around 40 KM travel per day (back and forth)
    -it will be a long ride so fuel efficiency, comfort, and reliability are the criteria
    -i don't care about looks or any subjective nonsense, so objective reasons please
    Take the Altis.

CVT will mean good fuel efficiency.
    The Mazda 3 / Jazz chassis/suspension is tuned for a more sporty drive so the Altis will be more comfortable (this is Toyota's forte).
    There are many Corollas on the road, so parts and future service outside the Toyota dealerships will be plentiful.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I'd go with the Mazda3. It may not be as spacious as the Altis but it strikes a good balance in handling, comfort, and looks. SkyActiv technology has gotten good reviews in fuel efficiency.

If you want a compact car with the big and comfortable interiors, the Altis is a good choice and so is the Nissan Sylphy. These cars are more comparable in size to older midsize cars. The Jazz is spacious for a subcompact hatchback but I don't dig the current Stormtrooper look. It does offer great utility options with its ability to have its rear seats fold flat to allow bigger cargo compared even to compacts. The Jazz offers good handling (better than its sedan brother, the City) but not as responsive and sporty as the Fiesta hatchback.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    With your route? Id take the jazz. Fuel efficiency is top notch. Much easier to maneuver in that crawl of a drive due to its short overhangs. Lots of space and flexibility and better absolute performance than either the 1.5 mazda or 1.6 corolla. Comfortable seats help on the drive as well.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    I am currently keen on getting the Jazz because it's the most fuel efficient and will surely have low running cost because it's a subcompact (lower registration cost, insurance, fuel cost, maintenance). But considering its price, pwede na talaga magmove 1 level up kasi konting dagdag nalang. Pero worth it ba na magcompact ako? coz I will only ride it alone 95% of the time. What are the advantages? or the Jazz would suffice?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am currently keen on getting the Jazz because it's the most fuel efficient and will surely have low running cost because it's a subcompact (lower registration cost, insurance, fuel cost, maintenance). But considering its price, pwede na talaga magmove 1 level up kasi konting dagdag nalang. Pero worth it ba na magcompact ako? coz I will only ride it alone 95% of the time. What are the advantages? or the Jazz would suffice?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Put it this way: when i drive (similar route qc to makati via c5 or edsa) i choose the jazz as my car.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2009

If you need space go for the bigger car. Also, consider those out of town trips, who'd be hitching a ride with you?

If you need space go for the bigger car. Also, consider those out of town trips, who'd be hitching a ride with you?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Don't care about looks? Get a Vios E instead for only 778k, plus a 30k discount so that's about 750k. You save close to 200k vs your other options, more than enough to pay for gas for about 3 years. Maintenance is very cheap, the car is very reliable. Space is even bigger than an Mz3. Very easy to drive and it actually has good handling. FC will be the same as all your other options since it's stop and go traffic. You'll probably average around 8 km/L.

Objectively, I don't see how this isn't your best option. Subjectively, it's obviously not as classy as your options, but subjectiveness is nonsense right?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast