New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    The mazda 2 has a 10k service interval. the fiesta prolly has a 10k interval too.

kahit ata vios 10k narin interval...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
    consider the mitsubishi lancer cedia too sir. mas spacious siya sa mga sub-compact cars at mas malakas din ang power

para sa akin avanza or lancer cedia na lang, 3 na kasi yung kids niyo parang maliit na ang sub-compact na kotse para sainyo.
    The Lancer Cedia might be cheap but fuel consumption is not as good as the Mazda2 or Fiesta.

Hmmm, Nissan Sentra 1.3L GX M/T or A/T (priced P635K or P660K). Bigger car for bigger interior space.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    as for the subcompacts actually my wife wants initially an avanza but we do not like the interior of the low end Avanza (613k), no offense to the Avanza owners.
    hmm...ayaw mo sa avanza because of the interior trims, right?

personally di ko rin like ang interior, but we own an avanza. kasi we also lean to purchase and innova, but due to budget limitations, avanza na lang, J model, since we have a big family. pero ok na rin performance and FC is good.

hmm...why not a vios?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    you might actually be able to get a 1.3E A/T vios for under 700k

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    buy the fiesta instead. nuff said.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    The Lancer Cedia might be cheap but fuel consumption is not as good as the Mazda2 or Fiesta.

Hmmm, Nissan Sentra 1.3L GX M/T or A/T (priced P635K or P660K). Bigger car for bigger interior space.
    +1 on the Lancer Cedia on higher fuel consumption cost, for the Nissan Sentra GX, is it economical as well? I read threads saying it is not fuel efficient because of a heavy body. We actually prefer a fuel efficient car, MT and a new released model. Thanks for the reply Sir.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    The base model accent doesn't have...

airbags
    ABS
    EBD

the mazda and ford duo have ABS+EBD as standard. and only the fiesta gets an airbag.

Thanks for these info...

The best way would be to test drive these three cars and find out what fits your needs and liking.
    Will do, I already told my wife to schedule a test drive.

Quote Originally Posted by myas110 View Post

hmm...why not a vios?
    Actually most of the cars used here in Kuwait by most of my colleagues are Toyota Vios, personally I don't want to have the same car in the Philippines and again its an old model.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    I still dislike the M2 and Fiesta's second-row seats. But the Accent might trump the list once reviews are out. Go test drive one
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    The rear seats of the fiesta and mazda 2 are just fine unless the driver and passenger are giants-the high beltline just makes it seem smaller. And the trunk space is generous for both of these cars.
    The rear seats are not that important to me, since mostly the car will be used by my family. I am still leaning towards the Mazda2, Fiesta and maybe the Accent.

I read good reviews about the M2 1.3liter fuel efficiency, I hope it's true. With the Fiesta on the other hand, has lots of features. Sorry for asking too much, I just want to spend my hard earned money on the right car.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    The 1.4 trend and style don't have many of the toys available in the sport trim level.

I'm not sure, but the trend m/t *might* have mags - The 1.4 style and the 1.3 mazda2 feature steel wheels with covers (easily rectifiable though. hehe)

regarding fuel consumption...
    a mazda2 1.3 sedan owner over at the mazda2 thread claims that he got 13.5 km/liter in the city, and 18 in the highway so a 11kpl city/16kpl highway might be easily doable

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    The thing about the 1.4 Accent is its a taxi car walang mga safety features and kulang kulang ang power features... Not sure sa 1.3 Mazda 2 pero sa low end Fiesta you get all the safety features less a passenger airbag and you get all the power features. Yep even power side mirrors and power door locks on the Style model...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Mazda 2 sedan MT 1.3 liter VS Ford fiesta sedan trend MT 1.4 liter