New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by MRC23 View Post
    When I got my Fortuner from the dealer kinabukasan ko na lang napansin na ung speedometer and odo was not functioning so I got back to the dealer and connected it underneath the unit and resetted the computer. Didnt bother to ask why I just know that they drive it from the plant to the dealership and so disconnecting it would not accumulate mileage. Nakakasabay ko minsan mga convoy of brand new cars with no plates from Sta. Rosa north bound from different car companies sa SLEX especially on Sundays. As I was reading this thread Ive come to think if my unit was a demo but when I inspected my unit when it was released and noticed that it was not used cause the tires are new, matting are clean, no hand prints everyhere, foot prints arent visible on the sides of the door which usually are soiled during my PMS at the dealership sputtered with grease. And the last thing that came to my mind that it wasnt a demo unit because my dealer doesnt cater test drives (for all I know).

sir, i want to remind u na nililinis ng dealer yung car before turning to the customers..so malinis talaga loob...also in my case kinuha daw nila from Marilao showroom yung innova ko..so baka ginamit demo unit/display unit dun...in short baka hindi straight from factory unit mo..cnu yung dealer mo?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lui View Post
    sir sad to say baka demo unit po ung sa inyo. kasi kame din tinatanggal namen speedometer pag magde demo kame para mababa lang ung reading nung kotse pag binigay namen sa buyer. so far samen nman wala po naging problema ung mga demo unit na binigay namen sa customer.
    "...para mababa lang ung reading nung kotse pag binigay namen sa buyer." Ano tawag dyan? Looks like deception to me..

Quote Originally Posted by lui View Post
    sir linawin ko lang po na samen sa hyundai abad wala po kame demo unit. kapag may nagpa demo po w/c is very rare tinatanggal po namen speedometer kc nga po bka isipin demo unit un at madami na gumamit.
    E ano nga po ulit tawag nyo dun sa ginagamit nyong pang-demo? Test drive unit?

Baka dapat you guys should get a true demo/test drive unit for all your customers to use, then sell that with a discount, as a true demo unit. In the long run kasi, once news breaks out na ganyan ginagawa nyo, do you think you'll get referrals from other customers? What's a big discount from a demo unit, compared to loss of business from potential buyers?

You can get away with that reasoning from people who knows the only thing about cars is where to put gas in it, but not from well-informed buyers.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbob View Post
    tmp doesnt have car carriers, so halos lahat ng units are driven off from the sta. rosa plant to the dealer offices, thats one reason, pero, malaki possibility na ex-demo unit ung nakuha nyo, or ginamit na "taxi" ng dealer staff, ang laki masyado ng mileage eh...
    I once saw on NLEX a convoy of car carriers loaded with toyota vehicles just this year. The carriers has with them Vios, Avanza, Innova & Fortuners.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    ^
    77 kms on a brand new car? That's quite alot and to think Honda uses car carriers to transport their vehicles from the plant to the dealers.

Got my Toyota from the Ortigas dealer and the mileage was 55 kms. Keep in mind, this unit came from Thailand and all. Toyota does not seem to use car carriers.
    We got our Innova from Toyota Cubao. 55 kms was also the reading on the odo. Galing Sta. Rosa daw. Ang kinatatakot ko lang is kung niratrat sa highway yung unit namin papunta sa casa.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hehe... siguradong ginanyan sa highway, but personally, I wouldn't worry about it... a few minutes of high speed running won't hurt the engine.

It's darn irresponsible, though...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    ^^ yep agree ako sa pagiging irresponsible ng mga drivers (brand new units for delivery). nakakasabay ako nito pag madaling araw (around 3-4am) sa SLEX southbound. parang mga F1 magpatatakbo tapos naka hazzard lights..
    Last edited by NazQ; March 28th, 2007 at 11:58 AM. Reason: clarify

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
malaking problem Innova G 2.0 VVTI