New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Need help. I want to buy a new car that is worth every penny. I have 3 choices.

Elantra - new in the market but no information yet on its performance. after sales service review are not good
    Altis - slightly 5 years in the market but reliable and spare parts are not hard to find. from what i have heard after sales service is good
    City - relatively new in the market has good reviews. high resale value but expensive after sales service
    Sportage - new in the market but above my budget. have no idea on after sales service of Kia.

I want a car that has the latest car technology less than P1.1MM with good after sale service that is not expensive.

Actually I really have no idea about cars. This would be my first car purchase.

PLEASE HELP. NEED GUIDANCE!http://tsikot.com/forums/images/smilies/disagree.gif

2. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    I have a Hyundai (GC), though its not an elantra, after sales service is good and reasonable (almost the same price as a toyota vios). After sales service depends on the dealership where you bought and have your vehicle serviced, which is the same regardless of brand. With regards the elantra's reliability, I think its still too early to tell as it was just recently launched. You may want to include the Lancer and if you are willing to wait a little longer, the incoming ford focus seems to be a good car.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    corolla 1.6v. excellent FC, reliable, solid resale value, low maintenance cost. madami lang nga sa daan. painless ownership.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Elantra for me...

14.7K:cow:

5. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilJohn View Post
    I have a Hyundai (GC), though its not an elantra, after sales service is good and reasonable (almost the same price as a toyota vios). After sales service depends on the dealership where you bought and have your vehicle serviced, which is the same regardless of brand. With regards the elantra's reliability, I think its still too early to tell as it was just recently launched. You may want to include the Lancer and if you are willing to wait a little longer, the incoming ford focus seems to be a good car.
    hi! which hyundai dealership provides the best after sales service?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I'll go with the Corolla for overall practicality and cheapness.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by alts View Post
    Need help. ...I have 3 choices.
    I read, you've got 4 choices!

Anyway, Elantra have a nice design & technology among the 4. But, since it is Hyundai the aftersales is unpredictible after 5-10yrs. Unless the sales for this car will become successful.

Altis? You're sure of the aftersales because it's also a toyota besides of being popular in the market. But the technology & design is simple only to me.

City? Almost thesame with altis.

Sportage? Much better with elantra in a more flexible use since it is a SUV. But this car & Elantra are need to be tested through time to determine their reliability.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    thanks for correcting...hahah...i included sportage last...wasn't able to edit.

any other recommendation aside from the 4?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Ford fiesta is one of my personal choice.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by alts View Post
    thanks for correcting...hahah...i included sportage last...wasn't able to edit.

any other recommendation aside from the 4?
    Hmmm. The getting old and soon to be replaced FD? Or the Mitsubishi Lancer EX, or the Chevrolet Cruze.

If you need seating capacity, then the Carens seem to fit in the budget and the Grand Livina as well.

But as of now, my preferred choice is the Toyota Altis 1.6V

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Looking for new car: Top choices elantra, altis, kia sportage or city