New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Jimny and Vitara are the closest you can get to a floodworthy gasolone vehicle. The alternators are high up on the engine for flood fording purposes, and the intakes are protected.

I would not buy an Expedition for floods. Those things are not designed for off-roading.

A 4D56 Pajero would work very well.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Wow, thanks for the suggestions. Ill consider the Pajeros. How about yung mga kalaban ng Pajero, yung Patrol and the Trooper? I noticed kasi that the old 1994 Patrol costs around 400k... baka pwede na yun... although baka mahirap parts ng mga ito. Are they as flood capable and ok pa rin ba parts ng mga ito?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    here's my suggestion...since flood is your concern, the first thing comes up to my mind is pick-up vehicles.

Mitsubishi L200

price range from 150 - 200k

or Mitsubishi Strada L200

same characteristics have like in the pajero, though it is really for total utility use..

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by webmiester View Post
    Wow, thanks for the suggestions. Ill consider the Pajeros. How about yung mga kalaban ng Pajero, yung Patrol and the Trooper? I noticed kasi that the old 1994 Patrol costs around 400k... baka pwede na yun... although baka mahirap parts ng mga ito. Are they as flood capable and ok pa rin ba parts ng mga ito?
    The Patrol is a very good flood vehicle, but I find it too bulky for my taste. Despite all this, it doesn't have much cabin space. For your budget you'd be getting really old Troopers. And then again, most of the Troopers at that price range have the 3.2L V6 gasoline engine which, of course, drinks like there's no tomorrow. If converted is fine with you, JDM Bighorns will do well.

Like this one for example. 2004 Isuzu Trooper Bighorn LOTUS AT Sound Setup | Cars for sale Manila | AyosDito.ph

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Our local government officials bought used Ford F150's and had them lifted 5" to survive Pampanga floods. Lifting was done in Angeles.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    pili kasa -

mitsubishi L200 palit shock at gulong for offroading
    pajero same as well
    delica pasok din sa budget
    old toyota hilux
    isuzu fuego

wag yun gasoline,,,

7. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    I would go for the latest Jimny you can find and fit a snorkel on it.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    I would go for the latest Jimny you can find and fit a snorkel on it.
    Ok ang Jimny kung walang current yung flood water, pero kung may agos better ang mga uplifted pick ups.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if this is going to be an alternative vehicle, to be used only during floods, then you are safe with a diesel. kapag nasa bokong-bokong na ang baha, ay siguradong walang sisita sa iyo.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by webmiester View Post
    With the recent floods, I am considering getting another vehicle with high ground clearance.

Gusto ko sana:

1. Gasoline Engine pero hindi masyadong magastos sa gas (although I am considering diesel as well)
    2. Price Range below P300k (Although wala pang set budget so I might be able to go slightly higher pa)
    3. High Ground Clearance (not necessarily a 4x4)

What I am considering would be:

Gasoline Nissan Terrano of about year 2000 vs. Mitsubishi Adventure Gas latest year model (I think 2004 may gas pa yata)

Can anyone input me with the maintenance costs of these vehicles? Sirain ba sila?
    Also, does anyone have other vehicles they would like to recommend with these requirements and anong pros and cons ng mga yan? Thanks

P.S.
    I chose gasoline to avoid the guys who like to catch smoke belchers. Second hand na kasi itong cars, kaya the gasoline cars will have less hassles.
    I dont have an Adve Gas, but looking at it's resale value versus diesel model of same age... mukhang mas problematic ang gas models..especially sa FC. I suggest you go for diesel types. No worry sa baha compared sa gas models.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast