New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Help guys, need your advice. I'm planning to get a 2nd car and I'm deciding among the 3 mentioned above. Each of those are second hand already but still in very good condition. The most expensive is the Lancer GLS '03 and seems to be the only thing holding me back but it still is within budget. It's just that I'm thinking the extra buck could be used to accessorized the other two cars, should I decide to get those instead. My main criteria are:
    -Reliability
    -Riding comfort
    -Maintenance cost
    -Fuel economy

With the above criteria, which one should I get, Lancer MX 2002 (Pizza), Lancer GLS 2003 (CEDIA), or Ford Lynx Ghia A/T? Pros? Cons?

Appreciate an objective view of the matter. Open to any suggestion as well. TIA.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'll go for the Lynx. It has a well sorted suspension and an adequate engine. Plus it has the most feature among the three.

Not really sure with an A/T equipped Lynx since I've driven only the M/T variant.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Thanks mazdamazda.

Can you elaborate more on what I would be missing if I don't get the lynx? What are the perks? From what I gathered from other forums, suspension is more stiff than what's actually needed. Also, some people complain about the fuel consumption, but with 8-10KPL, I think it's just about right (or this figure is too high?)

Just need to get as much info as I could. Thanks.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    some features of the lynx ghia:

- rear disc brakes
    - ABS + EBD
    - front driver & passenger airbag
    - parking sensors
    - first aid kit
    - power folding mirror
    - illuminated vanity mirror (driver & passenger)
    - map lamp
    - rear sunshade
    - leather seats (?)
    - projector headlamps
    - fog lamps

suspension is good IMO. I've drive one up & down Tagaytay and it handles good. absorbency is ok though. though they need to work on noise insulation a bit more.

interior looks a bit dated though.

fuel consumption is just about right.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    With the MT, consumption is average. With the AT, kind of thirsty. Noise suppression is not as good as other cars, but despite being stiff, the Lynx deals with bumps very well (not as much secondary motion or "dancing" as other cars on undulations... if you've ever driven on the washboard surface of the old SLEX, you'll know what this means)

Actually, I've been riding around in the new Altis 1.6... and the stiffness is actually very similar to the Lynx (just to give you an idea of what the Lynx rides like).

Handling is best in its class. Features are nice.

Dated na ba yung interior? Hindi ba "classic" ang tawag dun? :lol:

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    I drove an Altis 1.6 and the suspension is quite okay, so I guess, it's not that stiff after all. That's quite nice to know.

I am interested with AT (noticed all the cars listed are AT), so when you say it's kinda "thirsty", could you give an estimate? Is it below 7 KPL? 8~9 is still acceptable for me, but anything greater than 9 is heaven-sent

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    By the way, how is it in the maintenance department? I guess all cars are even when it comes to riding comfort, but how about reliability?

Having owned a few Mitsubishi's in the past, I'm kinda partial to it, but I'm seriously considering the Lynx primarily because it's the newest among the pack.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd get the pizza-pie Lancer. Just because it looks better than the alternatives.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Thanks. I like the interior of MX 02, while I prefer the exterior of the CEDIA. Lynx is far from bad, but looks is only secondary to me.

Any feedback on Lynx AT consumption?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Any feedback on the Lynx A/T consumption? I'd post/search on FCP but the site is always down ;)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Lancer MX '02, Lancer GLS '03 or Ford Lynx '04?