New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hi,

I would like to know the pro's and con's in both of this cars more or less 50k difference both running in 1.6.

- reliability
    - safety
    - performance
    - Looks (not that much)
    - FC

We are planning to trade-in our 4 year old car with this sedans.

maraming salamt po.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    ACCENT = Big NO, but Yes if you want a Problems & Headache.

Do you want more testimonies, refer to these,

http://tsikot.com/forums/hyundai-car...e-knock-80216/

http://tsikot.com/forums/hyundai-car...ml#post1872120

http://tsikot.com/forums/hyundai-car...nued%5D-80366/

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    I pick the lancer gls with still pending issues surrounding the accent.

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Lancer, i really like its interior. Ganda pa din.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    You're trading a 4-year old car with an even older model with the Lancer GLS. Have you considered other models? What's your budget?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    You're trading a 4-year old car with an even older model with the Lancer GLS. Have you considered other models? What's your budget?
    Lancer gls cvt is a bit newer model I believe it was released late 2010 or 2011 and some tiny facelifts. I still like the lancer for its simplicity look. But for its cvt tech that I would like to know. Range budget 700-800.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I would get the Accent. Since you are referring to the top of the line GLS variant, then it has no fuel knock problems as it uses the 1.6L engine and not the 1.4L which knocks. The Accent is newer than the 1.6L Lancer, it's faster, roomier, more fuel efficient and looks better. Only problem I know about it is the rather soft rear suspension which is no biggie as you can have that remedied easily enough.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    dagdag ko lang po on papers:

Hyundia accent 1.6 cvvt 5 speed while the lancer gls 1.6 cvt 6 speed

May added value ba to?

Thanks.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kur0sawa View Post
    dagdag ko lang po on papers:

Hyundia accent 1.6 cvvt 5 speed while the lancer gls 1.6 cvt 6 speed

May added value ba to?

Thanks.
    Hyundai Accent uses a traditional 4 speed A/T while the Lancer has a CVT with 6 virtual gears. But then the Accent has the more modern engine featuring CVVT and Blue technology which makes it more fuel efficient than the old school Lancer engine.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Hyundai Accent uses a traditional 4 speed A/T while the Lancer has a CVT with 6 virtual gears. But then the Accent has the more modern engine featuring CVVT and Blue technology which makes it more fuel efficient than the old school Lancer engine.
    I read somewhere (sorry I cannot remember the site) that the 1.6L Gamma engine of the Accent was voted as one of the top 10 engines for the year 2011.

video of GDi gamma engine: Hyundai Unveils New Gamma 1.6L GDI Engine - YouTube./ save for the gdi system, all other are the same as the 1.6 MPI. Maybe we can compare the engine design of the subject Lancer above.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Lancer gls cvt vs accent gls