1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Alam mo naman. Typical Honda boys

GLS M/T?????
    Sorry, make that GLX M/T. My bad.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Although it is true that the Lancer EX GLS CVT will not handle a lot of added HP. But that is talking about 200hp. Stock is 155hp. And coming from a tuning shop, even the Lancer EX GLX M/T will NOT handle 200hp.

But performance is more than just max HP figures. The handling characteristics of this car is better than most currently available on the road within the same price bracket. It's also a big plus that the car looks good and sporty even in stock form.

The ride quality (stock) is very good. Interior space is big enough.

If you plan to keep this car stock, it looks great. And even a simple mod of changing it's mags to the ones from the Lancer EX GTA (or simply opting for aftermarket 18 inch wheels) makes it look better and even improves handling as well.

3. Join Date
    May 2011
    i'll get civic kasi yun yung tinitibok ng puso kasi for me getting civic now is lesser headache dami ng surplus parts.... unless marami kang mula para sa reapair and upgrade sa EX...pag sa civic kasi kahit stock ng 1.8s, complete na maporma na( what i mean parang wala m=ng kulang)..

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Although it is true that the Lancer EX GLS CVT will not handle a lot of added HP. But that is talking about 200hp. Stock is 155hp. And coming from a tuning shop, even the Lancer EX GLX M/T will NOT handle 200hp.

But performance is more than just max HP figures. The handling characteristics of this car is better than most currently available on the road within the same price bracket. It's also a big plus that the car looks good and sporty even in stock form.

The ride quality (stock) is very good. Interior space is big enough.

If you plan to keep this car stock, it looks great. And even a simple mod of changing it's mags to the ones from the Lancer EX GTA (or simply opting for aftermarket 18 inch wheels) makes it look better and even improves handling as well.
    I'd always figured it was only because of the CVT that Speedlab limited all their tuned Lancer EX's to 185whp. Why could the FD's go way north of 200whp when tuned and the Lancer EX M/T cannot?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Wow didn't realize it's taboo here to talk about resale value and will label you as a Honda boy, lol. I will rest my case then. FYI, not everybody can take the blow of a severely depreciated vehicle and the Lancer is one of the models that traditionally suffers from it.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Titleist983k View Post
    Wow didn't realize it's taboo here to talk about resale value and will label you as a Honda boy, lol. I will rest my case then. FYI, not everybody can take the blow of a severely depreciated vehicle and the Lancer is one of the models that traditionally suffers from it.
    Simply put, if we are just going to use RESALE VALUE as the end of all car buying decisions, we will all be buying boring cars like the Corolla.

There are more things beyond the car's resale value that makes a car a good buy. And who knows, a current car will have better future resale value because it is a great car to own today.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    A happy owner will maintain his car well, sometimes pamper it to the point of insanity. Compared to an owner who just bought it because of resale value( with a wala lang attitude). In the end sino mas maganda resale value, yung inalagaan ng todo(kahit supposedly mababa resale value) o yung (supposedly mataas resale value pero ginamit gamit lang).

My point? Buy a car that will put a smile on your face everytime you drive it or even just look at it in your garage. Priceless yan.

This is true kahit sa mga GFs natin diba yung mas mahal natin mas ginagastosan natin compared sa FUBU lang.

Tsaka proven na ba na mas mababa ang resale ng Lancer EX sa Civic? Parang nung last time na nag browse ako parang pareho lang same year model ang EX compared with Civic and Altis. Kung meron mang mas mataas na civic lamang lang ng mga 50k, minsan tinatawad lang yun tapos baka depende pa sa kondisyon.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Simply put, if we are just going to use RESALE VALUE as the end of all car buying decisions, we will all be buying boring cars like the Corolla.

There are more things beyond the car's resale value that makes a car a good buy. And who knows, a current car will have better future resale value because it is a great car to own today.
    By that you are saying that all cars with higher resale values are boring. Why can't you have a car that is not boring and has excellent resale value?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    A happy owner will maintain his car well, sometimes pamper it to the point of insanity. Compared to an owner who just bought it because of resale value( with a wala lang attitude). In the end sino mas maganda resale value, yung inalagaan ng todo(kahit supposedly mababa resale value) o yung (supposedly mataas resale value pero ginamit gamit lang).

My point? Buy a car that will put a smile on your face everytime you drive it or even just look at it in your garage. Priceless yan.

This is true kahit sa mga GFs natin diba yung mas mahal natin mas ginagastosan natin compared sa FUBU lang.

Tsaka proven na ba na mas mababa ang resale ng Lancer EX sa Civic? Parang nung last time na nag browse ako parang pareho lang same year model ang EX compared with Civic and Altis. Kung meron mang mas mataas na civic lamang lang ng mga 50k, minsan tinatawad lang yun tapos baka depende pa sa kondisyon.
    I did that with the X-Trail back in 2003 until I sold it in 2009 and learned I could not even get a subcompact to replace it. But yeah, I agree that I enjoyed the vehicle for 6 years.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    but what about maintenance costs? do boring cars cost less to maintain and exciting cars cost more to maintain?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
lancer ex vs honda civic