New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    The Civic is thriftier than the Lancer. Also these have huge tuning potential as compared to the Lancer which is limited by its CVT which cannot take much power.
    But the performance potential is still there although you might not have 0-100kph acceleration figures.

The main point of having the CVT tranny is the smoothness of the drive. You don't feel any shifting of gears as your drive the car from your home to your destination.

Driving the Lancer EX, it can feel as if it is part of you. Changing the 16s wheels to the 18s, the car changes from being a family sedan to something with more "performance" in mind as it's handling is sharpened dramatically. (stock 16s is comfy but kinda spongy).

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Titleist983k View Post
    The Civic will command a higher resale value as well. The Lancer EX, althugh very good looking does not hold it's resale value very well.
    If we all base our car purchases bases on it's resale value, we would all be driving toyota corollas.

The Lancer EX GLS is a good car for a good price... starting at P895,000 cash with all discounts in.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    If we all base our car purchases bases on it's resale value, we would all be driving toyota corollas.

The Lancer EX GLS is a good car for a good price... starting at P895,000 cash with all discounts in.
    I always think of the resale value and how easy it is to sell the car when I want to replace it. I remember trying to sell my the gsr and sir in 2004, the SiR was sold in 2 days but it took over 2 months to get a buyer for the GSR which at that time was in better condition. I agree that you get a lot of car for the price of the Lancer it is a good choice, but eventually you will have to sell. I bought an x-trail 250x for 1.5m in 2003 before the price dropped to 1.3m the same year and was only able to sell it for 550k 4 years later. Resale value is very important. I cannot over emphasize it

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Titleist983k View Post
    I always think of the resale value and how easy it is to sell the car when I want to replace it. I remember trying to sell my the gsr and sir in 2004, the SiR was sold in 2 days but it took over 2 months to get a buyer for the GSR which at that time was in better condition. I agree that you get a lot of car for the price of the Lancer it is a good choice, but eventually you will have to sell. I bought an x-trail 250x for 1.5m in 2003 before the price dropped to 1.3m the same year and was only able to sell it for 550k 4 years later. Resale value is very important. I cannot over emphasize it
    Have you considered the current Civic is going to be replaced?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Yup, and like the Vti and Ek, the FD should hold it's resale value well.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Or is the Vti and ek the same thing? LOL!

Not insisting on the Civic FD here, I almost bought an MX in 2009, i love the styling but we should consider that the present body maybe replaced in 2 years time as well.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    eto nanaman usapang resale value..

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The new Civic is coming soon but the engines haven't changed and design is basically the same. And then the new Civic has been bashed in the US for being a bad product, so much so that Honda has rushed the MMC to next year to address the problems. So I suppose its not something to be looking forward to.

Ang pinipili mo kasi is Lancer GLS CVT and Civic 1.8V eh. The Civic wins in both fuel economy and tuning potential (should you opt on doing so). The CVT is definitely out of place in the Lancer (being a performance-focused/oriented car), though I really do prefer the Lancer's more traditional looks. However, if it was the Lancer GLS M/T versus the Civic 1.8V, my recommendation would be very different.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Meron akong 1.8V Civic, but I wouldn't mind having it replaced by the Lancer. There are some irregularities with the Civic which I don't like, and having seen the lancer and having read some reviews of it, the Lancer EX seems technically more favorable.

On the looks department, the Lancer EX definitely wins.

When speaking about aftermarket add-ons, the CVT can somehow handle subtle increases on the WHP/NM output. It wouldn't breakdown unless you're really onto modifying it extensively.

Resale value is always a bonus, yes. But it shouldn't hinder from buying what you really like. You will sell the car eventually, correct. But when that time comes, the depreciation and the hassle (you might) go through will definitely be worth it because of the enjoyment you have gained throughout your ownership of the car.

Lastly, please do not compare the EK SiR with the 1.8V Civic. An SiR is the 2.0S-L of the FD. An LXi, is the 1.8V of the FD.

The SiR will obviously sell like hotcakes when it's put up on the 2nd hand market, but the LXi. It will also take time.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    eto nanaman usapang resale value..
    Alam mo naman. Typical Honda boys

Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    However, if it was the Lancer GLS M/T versus the Civic 1.8V, my recommendation would be very different.
    GLS M/T?????

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
lancer ex vs honda civic