New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    What's your pick in terms of reliability since this would be my first car? Montero is an suv which should be more durable but I've read some issues about montero sport like stalling, turbo lag, noisy engine, etc. and none so far about the gt-a except from the am/fm issue of the head unit. I'm a student and i'm just choosing between these two cars. What do you think?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 10910883 View Post
    What's your pick in terms of reliability since this would be my first car? Montero is an suv which should be more durable but I've read some issues about montero sport like stalling, turbo lag, noisy engine, etc. and none so far about the gt-a except from the am/fm issue of the head unit. I'm a student and i'm just choosing between these two cars. What do you think?

You'll love the Lancer EX GTA much much more.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    i agree with ghosthunter.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    You'll love the Lancer EX GTA much much more.
    That's my choice also but my dad's convincing me to get a Monty.
    I remember asking you stuff about ex thats why i know what youre gonna answer Thanks!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Apples and oranges for the same price range.

I agree. As a single guy who's a student, you'll enjoy the Lancer more. Not to say you won't like the Monty, but unless you're the barkada driver, or your Dad's planning to use the Monty on the weekend as a family car, or you go offroad/outdoors much, the Lancer's a better drive.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    GT-A. Unless nga your dad plans to use it as a family car on weekends. Wala kang magagawa if that's the case.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Have you considered Hyundai Tucson?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Have you considered Hyundai Tucson?
    Nope, sorry.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Too many Tucson in the Metro..

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    Gt-a ka na lang.. student ka and pogi points for the chicks.. as for your dad kung gamitin nya good for the ladies.. hahaha

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Lancer ex gt-a or Montero Sport GLS 4x2 2.5 AT