New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I love the Lancer. I think it looks rather timeless. Kaya kahit alam mong mas may bago dyan, you still consider it. But newer cars like the Civic are very tempting, too.

It may be true na 2nd worst car sya sa America (although I object), but that's in America. Asia and Europe are waaaayy different markets (Kaya nga hanggang ngayon may L300, Urvan, Alto dito just to cite an example). And btw, Nissan is bigger than Honda there. Can you say that the Sentra is better than Civic here?
    Last edited by basti08; September 9th, 2013 at 10:35 AM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    That's MT versus AT. An MT Lancer 2.0 is around 120-125 whp stock. And that's not mentioning the torque.

A Civic FD 1.8 AT may not make much more power than the Lancer 1.6 MT, but it's actually faster. The MT would eat the Lancer 1.6 for breakfast.

There's a good reason enthusiasts still prefer manual transmissions. Especially for low-powered cars like these.

-

RE: Braking issue. Tires, tires, tires. I don't recall anymore if this was the Japanese 1.8 or the Thai. The Thai has a slightly different set-up.

Quote Originally Posted by paulp View Post
    Niky, comparing the EX MX vs 1.8E, with difference of 80k in price for the EX and EX trumping Honda in accessories (16 rims for EX, HID lighting to name a few), would you still opt for the Honda (for someone with 900-1m budget)? The Honda indeed is the newer car and worth considering but the features that come with the MX is hard to resist.
    Thanks for the feedback!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Depends on what you want. But the Civic is a better car. It's no longer sporty or fun to drive, but as a daily car to use with the family, it's much better.

You can buy toys after the fact. You can't buy refinement.

For a single guy on a budget, the GLX is worth a look. But when you go up to the MX, there are lots of very nice, very modern competitors in the price range.

In America, the Lancer range has to fight on even ground against the competition and gets trashed. Here, Thai-assembly pricing and Mitsubishi Philippines price strategies keep it relevant.
    Last edited by niky; September 9th, 2013 at 11:06 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockyds View Post
    A bone stock EX 1.6L MT did a 111WHP on a Dyno with Speedlab.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...levant_count=1

While the 1.8 AT Civic did 104WHP. But this is an FD ata.

You should not look at the horsepower only. Also compare the torque (haul) and the weight of the car to have a better picture of the car's performance on paper. Syempre iba pa din if you race them together. Sabi nga ni sir Niky, the FD 1.8 AT is actually faster than the GLX 1.6 MT

4. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jigs_xix View Post
    You should not look at the horsepower only. Also compare the torque (haul) and the weight of the car to have a better picture of the car's performance on paper. Syempre iba pa din if you race them together. Sabi nga ni sir Niky, the FD 1.8 AT is actually faster than the GLX 1.6 MT
    As I've said, "maybe we can tell from these sheets that EX 1.6 MT is not that underpowered."

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    A bone stock EX 1.6L MT did a 111WHP on a Dyno with Speedlab.

While the 1.8 AT Civic did 104WHP. But this is an FD ata...

The 1.6 Elantra is only 101whp. On paper its 128hp.
    Speedlab - Speedlab Hyundai Elantra K&N Intake Install

So 6hp lang ang losses from the engine to the wheels ng Lancer EX? Di kaya na typo lang si speedlab, or underspecced yung Lancer 1.6? (I hope it's the latter). It must be more than 117bhp to generate 111hp at the wheels.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by b0y37 View Post
    The 1.6 Elantra is only 101whp. On paper its 128hp.
    Speedlab - Speedlab Hyundai Elantra K&N Intake Install

So 6hp lang ang losses from the engine to the wheels ng Lancer EX? Di kaya na typo lang si speedlab, or underspecced yung Lancer 1.6? (I hope it's the latter). It must be more than 117bhp to generate 111hp at the wheels.
    Not typo. I was actually there when it was dynoed and I know the person who owns that EX.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    ^amazing. Magaling talaga mga korean sa papel. They sure fooled me. All along i thought it was the fastest 1.6 car of its price range (excluding the accent crdi) Lol. Glad i bought a mitsu ) now i believe people who say that their vios feels lighter than the accent sedans ) spec sheet means nothing.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikemike07 View Post
    ^amazing. Magaling talaga mga korean sa papel. They sure fooled me. All along i thought it was the fastest 1.6 car of its price range (excluding the accent crdi) Lol. Glad i bought a mitsu ) now i believe people who say that their vios feels lighter than the accent sedans ) spec sheet means nothing.
    Mejo kagulat nga kasi we were expecting 90ish WHP.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Mejo kagulat nga kasi we were expecting 90ish WHP.
    Maybe they rated it less so it woudnt interfere with the sales of the 2.0 models
    A 155hp Lancer GTA will be a hard sell if the 1.6 was rated at 135-140hp

BMW does the same thing, they rate their 328i at only 240hp ( it dynoes at 240whp), possibly in order to not affect the 335i sales (rated at 300hp, dynoes at 260-280)

10. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post
    Maybe they rated it less so it woudnt interfere with the sales of the 2.0 models
    A 155hp Lancer GTA will be a hard sell if the 1.6 was rated at 135-140hp

BMW does the same thing, they rate their 328i at only 240hp ( it dynoes at 240whp), possibly in order to not affect the 335i sales (rated at 300hp, dynoes at 260-280)
    I think this might be it. It has actually turned someone off with his newly purchased GT-A when he saw the post of Speedlab that the 1.6 variant did 111WHP when he know that GTAs only do 107-110WHP. But it is just the peak power anyway, the torque is still better with its big brother 2.0 variant.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast