Free LTO
    Free Tint
    Leather seat cover

While

Honda Civic 908k lang with the following:

Leather seat cover
    Tint
    Free 1k PMS

I know mas maganda ung offer ng Mitsu pero hindi ko alam kung maganda ba ung feed back about sa EX. Under powered ba siya for 1.6? Pero honda is honda diba?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I'd go for the Civic. I prefer a car that's more popular (you see more of on the road).

Have you inspected both cars already? What I don't like about the Lancer is the very shallow trunk space. Dati nga may free ipad offer pa ata ang Lancer e

3. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I'd go for the Civic. I prefer a car that's more popular (you see more of on the road).

Have you inspected both cars already? What I don't like about the Lancer is the very shallow trunk space. Dati nga may free ipad offer pa ata ang Lancer e
    Yes sir na check ko na both. Kaya na consider ko ung lancer kasi mitsu offers a deal that is hard to resist. Trunk space is not a problem to me kasi wala naman ako mga gamit na kailangan parati dalhin. What i like about the civic is ung interior nya it doesnt feel cheap.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    yang lancer ng mitsu ang second sa worst car
    sa america. hindi ko lang mahagilap link, try to google it nalang
    siguro sa aftersales nagkatalo

maghonda kanalang

5. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Yes sir napanuod ko na un sa youtube pero somebody explained na hindi lang daw talaga fan ang mga taga america ng mitsu.

2 votes for honda

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffcristobal View Post
    Under powered ba siya for 1.6? Pero honda is honda diba?
    "Underpowered" compared to what?

I think this illustrates it quite nicely:

The Lancer 1.6 4AT is only half-a-second slower than the Civic 1.8 5AT. And that's only half the story. The Lancer has better throttle response, which means that when you're moving along and need to overtake, there is less delay between when you press down on the pedal and when the car starts to accelerate.

Nope. Not underpowered by any means. That's faster than many 1990's 1.6 automatics (typically take 13 seconds), despite the Lancer being a big car.

The Civic is the better car. But this is not because it is faster (because in reality, it's pretty slow). The old FD Civic 1.8 5AT could hit 100 km/h in around ten and a half seconds. The new Civic is dog slow in comparison. But it's much more refined and liveable than before.
    Last edited by niky; September 8th, 2013 at 12:48 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Niky, comparing the EX MX vs 1.8E, with difference of 80k in price for the EX and EX trumping Honda in accessories (16 rims for EX, HID lighting to name a few), would you still opt for the Honda (for someone with 900-1m budget)? The Honda indeed is the newer car and worth considering but the features that come with the MX is hard to resist.
    Thanks for the feedback!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

8. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    To OP. i was gonna give the exact chart sir niky posted. Its from the 2012 car of the year. The lancer ex isnt underpowered compared to the civic. However compared to its 2.0 gta brother, it is. For city driving though, its more than enough. Overtaking will never be a problem. Downshifting to 2nd gear will make you feel like a racer sometimes cause it still has that 'oomph' factor. Anyways aside from performance, you should also concern yourself with other things, such as the interior, exterior and other features. The lancer ex has bad compartment spaces and the back seat has a bulge in the middle which makes it uncomfortable for the person sitting in the middle. Owning a lancer is more expensive than a civic. Not because of parts and maintenance but because of the itch to upgrade and modify things. Wheels alone would cost you around 50k. Unmodified lancers except for the gta variant look really bland with 16" wheels and without the skirts and spoiler. So if you dont want these additional expenses, better go with the civic. I used to hate how it looked but it grew on me. I like it now but not as much as i like the lancer.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    What I find a problem according to the chart niky posted is that the civic takes 45.9M to stop from 100. 3-4 meters is a life and death difference and that measure of performance will get used more compared 0-100. From reading that, a fortuner/ranger/explorer can stop faster than a civic, all 3 are much heavier cars. The 2.0 takes 41.2 but probably has better tires and stiffer suspension but that is still more than nearly all of its competition

10. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    A bone stock EX 1.6L MT did a 111WHP on a Dyno with Speedlab.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...levant_count=1

While the 1.8 AT Civic did 104WHP. But this is an FD ata.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...levant_count=1

Well it is Matic vs Manual but still, it's 1.8 vs 1.6. maybe we can tell from these sheets that EX 1.6 MT is not that underpowered. BTW, GT-A baseline is 110WHP. So kung peak sa peak power lang, the 1.6GLX has the same power with its 2.0 GT-A big brother.

EX 1.6 has been advertised with 114HP if I'm not mistaken, typically sa Dyno it loses 15-20% but it's not the case with the EX. There's only 3HP difference.

Now let's go to the freebies, I think you can haggle to just lower the price by removing some freebies na mura mo lang naman mabibili sa labas.

Bosch Horn - 2.3k sa Winterpine
    GPS - Libre as long may SD card ka, hanapin mo lang yung thread pano nila napagana
    Back up camera - 2-3k sa mga auto shop
    Fog lamps - 3.3k sa Concorde, 4.8k sa Winterpine

Tsaka try to backread the Lancer EX thread madami ka madiscover dun.
    Last edited by Rockyds; September 9th, 2013 at 01:10 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast