New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Were planning to buy a brand new car and we're having a hard time chossing between these two sedans (lancer ex 2.0 gls cvt 2010 and toyota altis 1.6v a/t 2010) we are considering the following:

fuel consumption
    interior/exterior looks
    spacious seats
    comfortability
    performance
    efficiency
    and is a best buy for a below 1M budget

please help me, i need all the opinions (even facts) i can get thank you so much please......

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Altis ka nalang bro. Based on your criteria, sigurista ka e.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Altis ka nalang bro. Based on your criteria, sigurista ka e.
    thanks for the comment... hahaha yup tama ka dun sur sigurista nga haha pero ang common n daw kasi ng altis ngayon and some says its curb weight is heavy for its 1.6 engine, but i find its looks luxurious but this lancer ex looks very sporty and some says its much more economic than altis....

sabi din sakin nung nagtetest drive ng lancer ex gls pag traffic daw it only uses 12valves rather than all the 16's

i really dont know but they both bug me hahahha thanks sur oliver

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jow_03 View Post
    Were planning to buy a brand new car and we're having a hard time chossing between these two sedans (lancer ex 2.0 gls cvt 2010 and toyota altis 1.6v a/t 2010) we are considering the following:

fuel consumption
    interior/exterior looks
    spacious seats
    comfortability
    performance
    efficiency
    and is a best buy for a below 1M budget

please help me, i need all the opinions (even facts) i can get thank you so much please......
    I drive a Lancer EX GLS.

It has one of the more spacious interiors you can find in this car class/size.

The car's ride quality is smooth & superb. Performance is great as well with 155hp from its 2.0L engine. With the CVT tranny, acceleration is smooth as silk, no more nasty acceleration bump from the A/T when it changes from gear to gear. If you want a more spirited driving experience, you can simply shift the CVT to manual-mode for that six speed driving experience.

Exterior looks, well, it is a more sporty design. Given it is not as common as Corollas on the road, I think you will not get "sawa" with the looks anytime soon. No chance of the taxi-cab beside you being the same car you drive as well.

Fuel consumption is about average for a 2.0L car.

Downside, smallish trunk space, plastic dash, faux wood dash trim (matter of taste), cloth seats (no leather option). Personally, these as minor issues that can be easily overlooked in a great car that is the Lancer EX.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    thanks for the comment... hahaha yup tama ka dun sur sigurista nga haha pero ang common n daw kasi ng altis ngayon and some says its curb weight is heavy for its 1.6 engine, but i find its looks luxurious but this lancer ex looks very sporty and some says its much more economic than altis....
    not in a real world even 1.8L engine can't match the altis fc...the new altis 1.6L promise better fc with the new dual vvti engine 120ps/154Nm 7 speed cvt vs 109p/145Nm (outgoing model) 4 speed a/t

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I drive a Lancer EX GLS.

It has one of the more spacious interiors you can find in this car class/size.

The car's ride quality is smooth & superb. Performance is great as well with 155hp from its 2.0L engine. With the CVT tranny, acceleration is smooth as silk, no more nasty acceleration bump from the A/T when it changes from gear to gear. If you want a more spirited driving experience, you can simply shift the CVT to manual-mode for that six speed driving experience.

Exterior looks, well, it is a more sporty design. Given it is not as common as Corollas on the road, I think you will not get "sawa" with the looks anytime soon. No chance of the taxi-cab beside you being the same car you drive as well.

Fuel consumption is about average for a 2.0L car.

Downside, smallish trunk space, plastic dash, faux wood dash trim (matter of taste), cloth seats (no leather option). Personally, these as minor issues that can be easily overlooked in a great car that is the Lancer EX.

yup i thought of that too... thanks for your help, can i just ask the average fuel consumption considering that you're driving the lancer ex GLS CVT? highway and city driving? thanks so much

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by saipeme View Post
    not in a real world even 1.8L engine can't match the altis fc...the new altis 1.6L promise better fc with the new dual vvti engine 120ps/154Nm 7 speed cvt vs 109p/145Nm (outgoing model) 4 speed a/t
    thanks for your help, but i know a friend who owns these 1.6v altis and says it average 7-9km/l(city driving) and highway is averaged at 10-12km/l.... my brother just test drived the lancer ex gls and its city driving was unexpectedly 10km/l (but he did not get the highway FC due to a jammed traffic on the expressway) but i think it might still vary though.....

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup i thought of that too... thanks for your help, can i just ask the average fuel consumption considering that you're driving the lancer ex GLS CVT? highway and city driving? thanks so much
    I get 6.5 to 9 km/L, depending on how much of a lead foot I am. I like driving fast so don't expect good fuel economy figures from my personal driving.

No highway figures yet.

I dont think my high speed romp through Rizal's hill & mountain roads count as "highway" driving, hehehe. Especially I only got 6.5km/L then after driving 100 km of high speed twisties and tire squealing corners.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; August 21st, 2010 at 12:56 AM.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by saipeme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I get 6.5 to 9 km/L, depending on how much of a lead foot I am.

No highway figures yet.
    oohhh that's good to know :0 its pretty much the same as the toyota altis 1.6v. thanks for helping i really appreciate it

10. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    If accurate ang in-car FC display, we got 9.6L/100KM so 10.4km/L ang consumption namin on our way to Manaoag Pangasinan with 100km/hr average speed.... It's within break-in period so we assume na mas magiging okay sya after break in period.

another pros na ma-appreciate mo is yung "exclusivity" na feeling.

Believe it or not nung papunta kaming manaoag eh isa lang ang nakita naming EX on the entire trip.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Lancer EX 2.0 GLS CVT 2010 or toyota altis 1.6v a/t 2010