New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    L300 sells because most of the people who buy them aren't the ones that actually use them. So they don't really care about safety, comfort, ergonomics. They just want the lowest purchase price and the relatively inexpensive maintenance that come with L300's because of the sheer number of third party, replacement, or even fake parts that can be used.

True, the L300's seem to keep running forever but at what cost? Hot cabin, doors that sag on their hinges, upholstery that can barely hold on to the seat cushion. Even the front seats have no adjustment for recline and only the driver's seat slides fore and aft.

I'd recommend at least a Foton if you're going Chinese.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Looks like I will be giving the H100 a 2nd look. Been reading feed backs about Chinese trucks and it seems to be a hit or miss thing. So its now down to H100 vs L300.

Otep is correct, this will be 100% driver driven. I'm after low accqusition cost, cheap maintenance and good reliability. The reliability requirement pretty much crossed out all Chinese brands.

So between the H100 and the L300, which is the better buy?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    H100 is definitely the better choice. Having twenty years more of development, its definitely a much better vehicle. You may think of getting Foton or JAC though, if you need more carrying capacity, as long as you get the one with the 4JB1.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    Looks like I will be giving the H100 a 2nd look. Been reading feed backs about Chinese trucks and it seems to be a hit or miss thing. So its now down to H100 vs L300.

Otep is correct, this will be 100% driver driven. I'm after low accqusition cost, cheap maintenance and good reliability. The reliability requirement pretty much crossed out all Chinese brands.

So between the H100 and the L300, which is the better buy?
    mas maganda po H100 kaso mas mahal...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    why not consider kia kc 2700?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by marz View Post
    why not consider kia kc 2700?
    Its a lot more expensive than the H100. Knowing Kia Philippines, who have their eyes on top of their head and always overprice their products.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Yep, Kia over priced the k2700. Have not asked how much discount they can give on it, but a quick check on sulit shows its priced at 890,000 pesos! For that money, I would go for a new NHR at 877,000. The k2700 payload is also only 1000kgs same as the H100 and L3.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Yeah~ Kia is in sore need of a new local distributor. Slow and indecisive in bringing in new models, and pricing their vehicles one notch higher than everyone else. So, I'd suggest you get the H100 nalang. Pero hindi mo talaga kailangan ng mas mabigating truck?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    [QUOTE=OTEP;1834471]L300 sells because most of the people who buy them aren't the ones that actually use them. So they don't really care about safety, comfort, ergonomics. They just want the lowest purchase price and the relatively inexpensive maintenance that come with L300's because of the sheer number of third party, replacement, or even fake parts that can be used.

True, the L300's seem to keep running forever but at what cost? Hot cabin, doors that sag on their hinges, upholstery that can barely hold on to the seat cushion. Even the front seats have no adjustment for recline and only the driver's seat slides fore and aft.

Sir OTEP just wondering sa L300, bat di sila nag papalit ng body? Dahil wala silang maiisip na bagong body? Kahit konting Refinement lang. Di tulad sa iba talagang napapalit ng model. And sa mga L300 year model 2000 higher nag o overheat pa rin? Di ba late 80's lumabas ang L300?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Yun nga eh. Least they can do is use the Delica or Space Gear cab and the turbo intercooler 4D56. I have ridden in a 2001 L300 before to Bataan. Ganun lang nag-overheat na. Wala pang akyatan ng bundok ha! Yung school bus naman na sinasakyan ng kapatid kong maliit 2003 L300 laging sira daw ang aircon...

Heard recently that MMPC released the single cab version of the Strada here dubbed the L200 GX. Hope they use that to replace the L300 considering the competition nowadays.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
L3 vs Jinbei