New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pros of venture:
    - quiet
    - soft, cushiony ride
    - reasonable city mileage (5.0 km/l), good highway mileage (9 km/l)
    - carlike steering
    - responsive gas engine (though not really all that powerful, it will in fact breathe hard on hills)
    - long-wheelbase interior space (particularly with four bucket seats like ours)
    - if you want a LWB gas-powered minivan, you have no other choice besides the chrysler town & country. previa, starex, sedona technically aren't in the same class as the LWB venture.
    - the stock tires last very long (but replacement tires of the same brand and model are not available unless you go to china)

Now for the cons:
    - breaks down all the time, downright unreliable (heck, even the casa mechanics say so!)
    - regular preventive maintenance costs are on the high side
    - parts are downright expensive and are often out of stock
    - piss-poor resale value
    - you've got nowhere to go for service but the pricey dealer
    - dealer service in my experience is rather horrible (it got better though)
    - prone to rattles, shakes, creaks, squeaks, groans
    - aircon is unacceptably weak (and the expensive cabin air filter always fouls up prematurely too)
    - audio system is not very good, because of the poor speaker placement
    - interior plastics are horrible, kind of like a Fisher-Price playground set
    - not maintenance-friendly (you need a special screwdriver to change a tail light bulb; changing a fan belt is harder than it should be; changing a battery will need one day, etc.)
    - shoddy build quality (check out those door handles that feel like they're ready to fall off... even on new ventures)
    - pathetically weak headlights (the foglights are bright though)
    - spongy brakes

the verdict: Never again. Fool me once, shame on you... fool me twice, shame on me. In 2002, there were really no alternatives, but in 2006, there's no point.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mbt
    Pros of venture:
    - quiet
    - soft, cushiony ride
    - reasonable city mileage (5.0 km/l), good highway mileage (9 km/l)
    - carlike steering
    - responsive gas engine (though not really all that powerful, it will in fact breathe hard on hills)
    - long-wheelbase interior space (particularly with four bucket seats like ours)
    - if you want a LWB gas-powered minivan, you have no other choice besides the chrysler town & country. previa, starex, sedona technically aren't in the same class as the LWB venture.
    - the stock tires last very long (but replacement tires of the same brand and model are not available unless you go to china)

Now for the cons:
    - breaks down all the time, downright unreliable (heck, even the casa mechanics say so!)
    - regular preventive maintenance costs are on the high side
    - parts are downright expensive and are often out of stock
    - piss-poor resale value
    - you've got nowhere to go for service but the pricey dealer
    - dealer service in my experience is rather horrible (it got better though)
    - prone to rattles, shakes, creaks, squeaks, groans
    - aircon is unacceptably weak (and the expensive cabin air filter always fouls up prematurely too)
    - audio system is not very good, because of the poor speaker placement
    - interior plastics are horrible, kind of like a Fisher-Price playground set
    - not maintenance-friendly (you need a special screwdriver to change a tail light bulb; changing a fan belt is harder than it should be; changing a battery will need one day, etc.)
    - shoddy build quality (check out those door handles that feel like they're ready to fall off... even on new ventures)
    - pathetically weak headlights (the foglights are bright though)
    - spongy brakes

the verdict: Never again. Fool me once, shame on you... fool me twice, shame on me. In 2002, there were really no alternatives, but in 2006, there's no point.

yeah mbt i read that thread, it was really a horrible experience, management and service has really fouled you up.

mukhang walang gaanong neg comments sa sedona, siguro wala masyadong bumibili.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    in our case naman, we dont have problems sa chevy libis casa. kahit driver lang ang nagdadala doon for servicing, ok naman ang service and usually less than a day lang ready na sya.

aircon is adequate and powerful (it's dual btw). the audiovox sound system is simply superb. we installed a pioneer 12 disc changer and maganda ang output. I used my Ipod with it using FM transmitter, mas stable ang reception nya compared to my other car that uses Kenwood. siguro dahil the antenna of the venture is a windshield antenna.

I dunno about mbt's venture pero just as what Raul said: it terms of comfort, one of the best ito sa mga naging tsikot namin. the plastic is malutong in a sense but ganun na din material ang nilagay ngaun sa Fortuner.

i've had two gasoline cars prior to the our venture. a honda civic esi and honda crv. ito lang talaga ang masasabi ko, mas responsive ang venture and mas smooth sya i-drive compared to those 2 independent wishbone honda machines. my only problems are pag nag-turn, medyo mahaba sya. but i guess the same is true to a sedona.

it's a matter of perspective talaga. I suggest you test ride or drive a venture vs. a sedona. and if you value comfort more than pagtitipid, then this car may be ideal for you.

here's one thing I noticed nga pala about sedona. madali mag-depreciate ang exterior nya, madali mag-fade yun paint and even yun body nagi-ging baku-bako yun reflection ng light. but I guess this is true to any other Kia car - parang madali talaga sya magmukang wash-out.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by iq0
    ...they have the same 2.5 gas engine describing the same engine problem and the same remedy, which is to do a short engine replacement.

wow, kung ganon nga dapat diesel na. ang isang masakit nyan pano kung labas na sa warranty, di buti pa bumili na lang ng bago...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Kia Sedona vs. Chevy Venture