New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Sorry, generic ung other MPVs. (Pwedeng.. Avanza, etc)
    Saw this yesterday sa may bacoor on our way home.

I wonder. How much kaya eto?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The base model CRDi version is 875K while the EX is at P1.05M (airbag + some other cosmetic stuff).

IMO - this is the best MPV to set food in the Philippines with its 2.0L CRDI VGT engine pumping out 140hp & 314Nm torque. For comparison, it almost has almost the output as Isuzu's 3.0L I-TEQ engine in the Alterra.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The base gas version is about 800k or so. The only real competitor it has, locally, in terms of refinement and features is the Chevrolet/Opel Zafira. But the Zafira is older, smaller, and doesn't come with a diesel.

It's not as heavy duty or as large as an AUV, but it rides more like a car than any AUV, even the Innova.

It feels more upscale than the Innova inside, and the diesel engine is much more sophisticated. Seating flexibility is much better, as both the second and third row can fold completely flat.

It's still not very big, though... but if you're looking for a seven seater with a bit of class, nothing comes close to the Carens at this price... at least not until other manufacturers bring in their European sized MPVs.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    I saw one displayed last week at SM north by Kia Novaliches. Only gas model. Is the CRDi already available? If it is, I think 1.05 M is a great buy!

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by minero View Post
    I saw one displayed last week at SM north by Kia Novaliches. Only gas model. Is the CRDi already available? If it is, I think 1.05 M is a great buy!

diesel crdi now available the middle model is at 975k,

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The base gas version is about 800k or so. The only real competitor it has, locally, in terms of refinement and features is the Chevrolet/Opel Zafira. But the Zafira is older, smaller, and doesn't come with a diesel.

It's not as heavy duty or as large as an AUV, but it rides more like a car than any AUV, even the Innova.

It feels more upscale than the Innova inside, and the diesel engine is much more sophisticated. Seating flexibility is much better, as both the second and third row can fold completely flat.

It's still not very big, though... but if you're looking for a seven seater with a bit of class, nothing comes close to the Carens at this price... at least not until other manufacturers bring in their European sized MPVs.

yeah, i agree there's no comparison for other mpv yet. the looks is superb, however phillipine market is a li'l hesistant to give it a try knowing it's a korean car.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    The base model CRDi version is 875K while the EX is at P1.05M (airbag + some other cosmetic stuff).

IMO - this is the best MPV to set food in the Philippines with its 2.0L CRDI VGT engine pumping out 140hp & 314Nm torque. For comparison, it almost has almost the output as Isuzu's 3.0L I-TEQ engine in the Alterra.
    Wow.

So kaparehas pala siya ng N22A1 diesel engine ng Honda (*140hp).

This is definitely way better than the cheap Innova PERIOD.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    This MPV is so good kaya so far ok ang sales ng LX variant nito which is the best buy of the bunch..Better than the Innova and Crosswind?HECK YES!!!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    the only problem keeping me from being too excited about the new carens is its too low ground clearance, i peeped through the floor, i can see the engine oil sump and measures barely 6 inches., -unloaded without passengers. We're 7 in the family, 4 kids and a nanny, and i dont think this MPV is for us.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ripples View Post
    the only problem keeping me from being too excited about the new carens is its too low ground clearance, i peeped through the floor, i can see the engine oil sump and measures barely 6 inches., -unloaded without passengers. We're 7 in the family, 4 kids and a nanny, and i dont think this MPV is for us.
    We share the same concern regarding the ground clearance. Even with all the Innova's shortcomings, I really think the Innova is better suited to this country's potholed and sometimes flood-ridden roads.

Even with extensive promos (free LTO, insurance, etc...) this month of May, I have only seen one Carens on the road and that was in front of Unimart in Greenhills.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Kia Carens and other MPVs?