New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    I think matibay ang ilalim ng Kia Carens at saka alam ng Kia na magiging overloaded pag maraming passengers to kaya mas sturdy for sure ang ilalim nyan...

Malabong i-presyo to sa Matrix(HARI recently killed the Matrix sa lineup nila) dahil seven seater ang Carens at mas malaki tong sa Kia...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Matrix and Carens are based off of two different platforms, and are of two different size classes. It's hard to imagine them offering the Carens for close to Matrix pricing, as the Matrix is based off a sub-compact, while the Carens is based off of a compact-midsize car platform... ibang klase ang laki when you put them side by side... especially seeing the Matrix's subcompact sized running gear (small wheels and brakes, small engine bay) up against the Carens' larger wheels and brakes and full-sized engine bay. In the US, the Carens is a V6 riding on 17" mags.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    I test drove a Carens and had to be extra careful over a depressed area. I noticed later that the bottom of the front bumper already has scratches. I'm sure the overall ground clearance is not a major concern, but the front bumper just seemed to be too low.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    actually hindi naman yun oil slump ang pino-problema, kungdi mas masarap ang mataas sa kalsada.

puwede din sa dami ng squatter na ugali na nagtatapon ng dos por dos o bato sa edsa o sa slex

with a long body like a Carens tapos mababa pa ground clearance, i will really feel inferior sa roads na'tin, just like how I felt when I was driving a venture before

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    yeah, for those who can actually 'listen'. but most 1st time buyer will surely succumb to his excitement and any imperfections will be left ignored..90% most of the time.

well I just sighted the oil sump because upon my inspections, its the most visible, not because its the most vulnerable..as others may have noticed (i did too), the bumber is taking the beating first than the oil sump, clearly some issues are already in the outing, test vehicles pa lang yan ha.

this is just my honest opinion..as i am still considering it besides Innova., ntay ko lang feedback ng SA about the roofracks (factory) if can be purchased with the LX.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    If the front air dam/lower bumper is scrapping then the problem is the approach angle and front over hang and not the ground clearance. But I presume nobody here test drove one and actually scraped it on anything, based on the comments everything is an assumption from observation. For all we know that mark on the bumper could have been made approaching a ramp with a 45 degree angle which most vehicles would scrape anyways. Did the SA say it scraped driving on regular streets, on a ramp like a steep garage, or maybe even a flat bed as it is being off loaded?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    yun kia carens ngaun comparable lang sa Chevy zafira saka Mitsu Space Wagon ang height sa tingin ko. okey na din kaya lang para talaga hindi worth sa price nya

8. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    been driving this car for 2 months now...even squeeze 9 pax inside and didnt find any problem with the usual humps, potholes you normally encounter in metro manila roads...

drove it with 7 pax on dirt roads in pampanga that cuts thru the rice field with potholes and on top of the banks of an irrigation canal, no scraping whatsoever...

redorange is right about the approach angle... there's a part of the front lower bumper, right after the radiator, which is approximately 1.5" inches lower than the bumper and i did scrape this part several times exiting a parking in makati which is steeply angled against the road, probably more than 40 degrees...

the other two incidents i hit a humps, when approaching approx 1 meter wide humps with roughly 40+ plus degrees at its highest point... the car hit the humps just when my front wheel passed the humps...

still am happy with the car, 2 months on the road and not seeing another one side by side with the car makes it unique on the road...

if there's any misgivings, i should have waited for the crdi ;)

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by JuneT View Post
    been driving this car for 2 months now...even squeeze 9 pax inside and didnt find any problem with the usual humps, potholes you normally encounter in metro manila roads...

drove it with 7 pax on dirt roads in pampanga that cuts thru the rice field with potholes and on top of the banks of an irrigation canal, no scraping whatsoever...

redorange is right about the approach angle... there's a part of the front lower bumper, right after the radiator, which is approximately 1.5" inches lower than the bumper and i did scrape this part several times exiting a parking in makati which is steeply angled against the road, probably more than 40 degrees...

the other two incidents i hit a humps, when approaching approx 1 meter wide humps with roughly 40+ plus degrees at its highest point... the car hit the humps just when my front wheel passed the humps...

still am happy with the car, 2 months on the road and not seeing another one side by side with the car makes it unique on the road...

if there's any misgivings, i should have waited for the crdi ;)
    Ayan may satisfied na Carens owner rito....Napansin ko na medyo mas mataas ang ground clearance nito kaysa sa Chevrolet Zafira kaya ok narin ang Carens..Yung LX CRDI version ang ok ang pricing pero yung EX eh mahal talaga....

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    sir JuneT....how about your fuel consumption?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Kia Carens and other MPVs?