New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Side note dun sa discussion on gas saving devices. Ano masasabi nyo sa aftermarket washable air filters like K&N? Not necessarily yung cone filters. Yung washable replacements for the stock air filters. Was thinking of getting one, pero sobrang mahal. Kahit pa di mo na papalitan, probably for years, is it worth the cost? Also considering na it supposedly adds a little horsepower (2-3hp yata), though di mo siguro mararamdaman yun. Any comments?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Not worth it siguro. Yung cone-type, di mo masyado maramdaman yung difference kung walang ibang mods, and you're getting the OEM-type replacement because you want it to appear stock, diba?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    imho,
    konting diff lang. pero better than stock.
    i use simota cone type

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    simota cone typde din sakin. dreaming of a muscle car. :lol:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Considering that replacement air filters for my rig cost less than Php 200.00, I'd rather have a brand-new filter at every oil change than spend for cleaning a K&N.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    The engine breathes a bit easier but the effect isn't really worth all that.

Supposing one costs about 4000 bucks without the cleaning kit and is stated to last you 10 years. How much are you going to spend on air cleaners in 10 years?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my air filter is 550 pero oil chan ge..i change oil every 6 months.
    i already got the savings of not changing filter every change oil.i dont know...but in the case of my ride (patrol safari and galant vr v6), the rise of the rpm needle is much faster...maybe different for other cars.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    saken lang IMHO, I find it most practical to change the air cleaner into a cone-type filter..I'm using only Simota on my 7g and yet the performance of it is quite significant and manifested so to speak. I've been using this for almost 4 years narin,..still the filter has no signs of wear and tear,..(religious kasi ako maglinis ng filter),..rather than buying an OEM..gastos lang.. ..opnion lang po mga bros,..ty!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pano mo nililinis ang simota?

as far as i know...pag nilagyan mo siya ng oil like the knn ay mapupunta ang oil sa maf..which is delikado.

iba kasi ang components ng knn at simota...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    I read an artilcle before which ran some tests for aftermarket air filters, it turns out they let in more dirt into the engine than an oem filter (in the test the oem was ac-delco i think), test results indicated that oem filters were still the best and the aftermarket filters let in more dirt, probably also more air, thats why you get a little 1-3 hp gain.

I forgot the link to the article, but I would suggest, stay stock.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
K&N air filters?