New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    hi all,

i love this car from the 70s show "return of the saint". anyway, i just wanted to mention that I have seen only 1 of these cars in this country....there is an old one parked in the Ivory Court townhouses along Greenmeadows Ave near Libis....

If i had the money I would like to leave a note for the owner and ask if he wants to sell it (although I hear its a really hard to maintain car)...I just really like it!

anyone else like this car?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    ano itsura nito?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by russpogi View Post
    ano itsura nito?
    More or less the 1st XJ-S (1975) looked similar until 1990...
    1975 Jaguar XJ-S

it got its first major facelift/buttlift in the early 90's... along with a new name "XJS" instead of "XJ-S"
    1994 model shown

this lasted until the mid-90's until the XK8 replaced it.
    1st gen XK8

2nd gen XK
    Last edited by AG4; September 28th, 2006 at 07:22 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Elegant car! I admire Jaguars too (especially the old models when jaguars meant quality) but they're kinda expensive.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    yup, that green picture is similar to the one i see in ivory court (but not as nice), its amazing that this was a V12 cyclinder car....its really low too....NICE

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kulit View Post
    Elegant car! I admire Jaguars too (especially the old models when jaguars meant quality) but they're kinda expensive.
    Old Jags and quality don't exactly go together. I have a friend who loves Jags and has an E-type along with 4 other models, he admits that quality isn't the strong point. How do you tell if a Jag needs oil? Check how big the oil spot is on the floor from the oil leak. Like most British made vehicles having an oil leak is part of the character of the car. Jags are nice though, but the best models are still the XK-120 from the 50's and the XK-E or E-type from the 60's.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    one of my major clients back when i lived in Socal was a luxury import car dealer. among other marques, he sold Jaguar and RR/Bentley.

i would agree that these Brits really know how to define elegance and luxury. to this day, those cars still have the most beautiful, luxurious interiors that i have ever sat in (although the Audi A8 is starting to come close). and the exterior styling also screams elegance. and if you want high performance to go with all that, you can always get that generation's XJR

however, the bad part about spending so much time with my client is that you really see how terrible the reliability of these cars are. along with the oil leaks already mentioned, things would just randomly fail on the car. and not small things - i learned from the service manager that a new V12 cost about $25K, and that they do dozens of these replacements a year...some of them on cars not even a year old.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    jaguar dreamerrrr here..sad to say too pricy fo a guy like me.. how i wish they can come up with -2M car..

Jaguar XJS