New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Greetings Everyone,

This is my first post and I am glad I found a forum like this. Hope to find the answers and/or opinions I am looking for. I registered a while back but never got to ask any questions. But may I please ask for your help regarding the Isuzu NHR PV and Kia K2700 Panoramic 4x4?

I've done some research regarding both vehicles but I am a newbie when it comes to comparing specs.
    Isuzu NHR PV (SRP 1,150,000) 2.8L
    Kia K2700 (SRP 999,000) 2.7L

Could you kindly help with the following questions.
    1. Does the NHR compensate for not having 4x4 with a slightly bigger engine?
    2. Which would be better for family use, and hauling furniture and/or appliances? I read that both have a seating capacity of 21, but more can fit if it's a mixture of adults and children. I've also considered a large seating capacity van but the interior would get ruined with the carpet and all.
    3. Which can haul more?
    4. Which has a better driving experience in highways and roadways going to provinces up north, especially up steep up hills, and overtaking slow vehicles?
    5. Which has better braking power for going downhill? I've seen some small trucks and big vans that have to slow down while driving downhill.
    6. Which is more prone to have engine problems? I've seen some checkpoints for trucks and I'm guessing it's due to the black smoke they produce.

I would like to ask for personal experiences for both, and which would be recommended for the tasks that I plan to do with them, and if there are any other recommendations.

Apologies for the novel like post but I would like to make sure I will be getting the right vehicle for my family and utilizing it to the fullest.

Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1. 4x4 is for traveling on surfaces with poor traction. It does not have any effect on power output and on how the vehicle drives on surfaces with sufficient traction.

4. The Kia drives better at least for me.

5. Front disc brakes help too. The Isuzu feels like it has no brakes when you need to rapidly slow down from speed. 4 wheel drum brakes died in the 50's by the way.

6. Any truck is subject to harassment by those checkpoints even if the engine is in perfect condition. Ots the reason my pal replaced his fb with a Ranger. Too much harassment and kotong on the road. That said, the isuzu engine is pretty bulletproof. The kia 2.7 tends to overheat if neglected.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    6. Any truck is subject to harassment by those checkpoints even if the engine is in perfect condition. Ots the reason my pal replaced his fb with a Ranger. Too much harassment and kotong on the road. That said, the isuzu engine is pretty bulletproof. The kia 2.7 tends to overheat if neglected.
    Thank you sir OTEP for your response. May I please ask if even the Kia K2700 is prone to these inspections? Or do they target certain makes of vehicles, or all diesel vehicles?

TIA.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ibedasilentone View Post
    Thank you sir OTEP for your response. May I please ask if even the Kia K2700 is prone to these inspections? Or do they target certain makes of vehicles, or all diesel vehicles?

TIA.
    Yes, basta delivery vehicle mainit sa mata ng mga AsBUWAYA yan.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Thank you again sir for your response.

May I please ask if it's advisable to change the color of the white delivery trucks to a different color? I was just thinking if it ain't white it won't be mistaken for a delivery truck, and less prone to random inspections?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Any color as long is it is a commercial vehicle is subject to kotong. Dont forget to attach a 'not for hire' sign and the gross capacity stickers on the side. Otherwise, it will be stopped also.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Hi! ibedasilentone,

Ok, to reply on your post. I highly recommend the Kia KC2700, for some reasons...

1. obviously it is cheaper than the Isuzu NHR (for me it feels like NHR is too overprice, If I'll go for some trucks i'd rather buy a surplus unit from Subic which is a more modern still same engine that available locally here (having front disc brakes, power door locks, power window) compared to local units sell by Isuzu here

2. Interior, you gotta love the dashboard of KC2700 I swear... It is so truck like to drive but the dashboard design compensate somehow into an ambiance/aura of a sedan.

3. You can't go wrong with the engine..Kia J2 engine (same used by Kia in their previous units like Besta, Pregio and currently installed in KC2700 units) engine is somehow underrated by others (like sirain daw) but for me its not, just know how to observe of proper maintenance..It's is a hell better than those engine found in Hyundai H100 and L300 which comes on a drive belt which is an additional cost for maintenance, I've experienced to overhaul a Kia Pregio of my neighbor wayback 2013 (cause of overhaul was their driver continue to drive the van without checking the oil level that was low at that time, causing the bearings to stuck up and stall..kahit anong makina naman, pagpinabayaan mong walang langis ititirik ka talaga...)internal parts and structure is way too comparable/look-a-like to a 4JB1 Isuzu engine yes...it comes on a timing gears. parts are cheap too.

4. Just want to share an experience, since I'm also a Kia owner...We own a 17 year old Kia Besta..still no history of overhaul (alaga lang talaga), brakes are so consistent..(just got replaced some pads, shoes and rubber caps 2 years ago)...2.7 engine is great...powerful yet efficient, as far as i remember my average consumption is 14km/L (since our place here is a mixed of uphill and highway roads) and there was a time we travelled from Bicol with 5 passenger plus cargo, no problem at open air highways engine can crank up to 120kph, powerful and responsive somehow... In driving uphill I can feel its torque at second gear making an overtake at uphill climb a breeze..I never encountered those "BITIN" moments...

Please don't be mistaken that this is a biased suggestion, I'm just sharing my personal experience of owning a Kia, Well, I'm satisfied to have one.

Just to be sure, Please test drive both so you can make a wise decision.
    Last edited by zap.FREEDOM; April 13th, 2014 at 01:14 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Any color as long is it is a commercial vehicle is subject to kotong. Dont forget to attach a 'not for hire' sign and the gross capacity stickers on the side. Otherwise, it will be stopped also.

and also business name

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Lagyan mo ng pangalan ng funeral parlor. Hindi daw gano hinuhuli yun. Or gawin mong ambulance. Hehe

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^gawin ko ngang ambulance L300 FB namin. Hehe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast