New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    hi guys! i'm just a newbie here and i'm planning to buy a ride dis coming june, can u help me in comparing this 2 rides....

when it comes to maintainance b mahal tlga ang ford?
    i already heard a lot of complaints kc pgdating s xwind eh.....

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's the new Everest... the Crosswind can't even compare by a bit to it.

The ride is good enough for our not-so-perfect roads and the acceleration of the 2.5L engine is very good (as compared to the old Everest).

Regarding maintenance, it's almost the same for them. There's a few problems plaguing some Everests & Crosswinds but nothing major that I've read so far.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    hey hey anything named 'sportivo' cant be bad right?? :rofl01:

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    sir, go for the Everest. Do not be easily intimidated with the sportivo's gadgets, unless you are into fuel economy its a go for you.
    iam3739.com

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    mdmi nga po ngssbi n over price daw ang sportivo pero 2 think n mga gadgets lng nmn yata pngkaiba nya s XUVi.....

kya medyo nhhirapan ako mgdecide wether the XUVi or eve 4x2 M/T kz mdmi dn ngssbi n mahal daw ang maintainance ng ford... is it true po b?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    crdi over non-crdi. all new everest na even the 4X2 m/t.
    xuvi is not an suv that could be compared to everest. it's everest
    over crosswind even if sportivo pa yan. all new pa.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Mahal ang maintenance? I own both a Ford and an Isuzu... and when it comes to maintenance at the dealership, I'd say there's not much difference.

For the first 30,000-50,000 kilometers, you should go to the dealership for regular maintenance, so as not to cause any warranty problems.

The only thing going for the Sportivo against the Everest is the OHV timing gear equipped non-CRDi engine. It's a very simple engine, which won't be as sensitive to diesel quality. And it's quite fuel efficient.

The new Everest, though, isn't as big a fuel-guzzler as the old one. It's very powerful, even in 2.5 form, and is probably too fast for its tires and height. It rides better than the Sportivo, it handles and BRAKES better than the Sportivo, and it has much much more space.

If you buy a Crosswind, the best deal is the base model, or the next one up, with power-windows. Even fully-loaded, in XUV or Sportivo trim, it's not really very luxurious, due to the choppy, rolling ride and the crude engine. Trust me... I drive one.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Mahal ang maintenance? I own both a Ford and an Isuzu... and when it comes to maintenance at the dealership, I'd say there's not much difference.

For the first 30,000-50,000 kilometers, you should go to the dealership for regular maintenance, so as not to cause any warranty problems.

The only thing going for the Sportivo against the Everest is the OHV timing gear equipped non-CRDi engine. It's a very simple engine, which won't be as sensitive to diesel quality. And it's quite fuel efficient.

The new Everest, though, isn't as big a fuel-guzzler as the old one. It's very powerful, even in 2.5 form, and is probably too fast for its tires and height. It rides better than the Sportivo, it handles and BRAKES better than the Sportivo, and it has much much more space.

If you buy a Crosswind, the best deal is the base model, or the next one up, with power-windows. Even fully-loaded, in XUV or Sportivo trim, it's not really very luxurious, due to the choppy, rolling ride and the crude engine. Trust me... I drive one.

Thanks!!!

If ever what the color variants b of the new everest?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Mostly the same... the 4x4 is two tone, but the 2.5 is single color. There's a sort of titanium blue, black, gold and silver. Not sure about the rest.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Everest looks HOT in Titanium Blue... :drool:

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Isuzu Crosswind XUVi vs Ford Everest 2007