New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    which do you think is better between a fortuner and the alterra in general? we just want to be sure since we are buying a brand new car. please give us your comments and knowledge between the two vehicles. thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    See 'similar threads' at the bottom of this page.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    ok thanks a lot

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    I just bought a Isuzu Alterra last FEb wala naman ako problema so far ayos naman ang performance . I don't know about Fortuner I hear maraming complain againts it lalo na ang suspension

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Silverend,

What SUV did you buy?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by karl2001 View Post
    I just bought a Isuzu Alterra last FEb wala naman ako problema so far ayos naman ang performance . I don't know about Fortuner I hear maraming complain againts it lalo na ang suspension

it could be that the fortuner sells a lot lot more than the alterra so there are more complaints for it, also more engine variants like the 2.7 gas, 2.5 diesel and the 3.0 diesel 4x4.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Fortuner has a stiff rear suspension due to the quality of the metal used in the rear springs. Aftermarket springs (between 16-40k) help cure this partially. But the upside is that the Fortuner is the most stable of the three big pick-up based seven seaters (Alterra-Everest-Fortuner) at high speed, and the handling is top-notch despite the heavy steering.

But the Fort's tires are slippery, so poor braking and loss-of-control is possible if you drive it too fast. Besides the ride, the only problem is a tiny (but comfortably padded) rear seat.

The Everest has good steering, but more body-roll than the Fort. The narrower tires resist hydroplaning better (thus, less prone to spin), but there's a tendency to tip-over if you drive too fast. And it's tempting to drive fast, the Everest's engine is punchy and likes to be raced. The third row is flat and not very comfortable, but it's spacious.

The Alterra has a soft suspension. It's got tons of space, admittedly, but it drives like a truck and the third row is hard to access. The Alterra isn't as quick as the other two... removing the danger of killing yourself in high-speed shenanigans...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i am sure, you add the toal alterras and everests sold locally, it wil still not come close to the number of fortuners sold..... im not a fortuner fan....
    Last edited by KCboy; August 11th, 2007 at 04:03 PM.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    And if you add up the total number of people who read the Business Mirror and the Philippine Star, it still won't come close to the number of people who read Taliba, Abante and People's Tonight (or whatever the heck tabloids people read nowadays).

Different strokes for different folks. ;)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    And if you add up the total number of people who read the Business Mirror and the Philippine Star, it still won't come close to the number of people who read Taliba, Abante and People's Tonight (or whatever the heck tabloids people read nowadays).

Different strokes for different folks. ;)
    Toro
    Sir, yan ang bibabasa ngayon

Ang dyaryo ng machong Filipino.

Given the chance id go for the fortuner. Isuzu is just so Isuzu. Plus am sick of hearing their Radio AD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Isuzu Alterra vs. Toyota Fortuner