New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    I think different people as different taste why do they say that Alterra is slow I run mine at 160 KPH going up in the star tollway. I think some people as bias againts some other model

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Slow meaning it's not as fast off the line and it doesn't handle as well.

The Fortuner and Everest drive a little bit like sports cars compared to older trucks, kaya nakaka-enganyo masyado... the Alterra's a bit more relaxed in demeanor, and body-motions telegraph the vehicle's limits much earlier than in the other two.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    I think thats a correct term for that. But I think its depend on type of driver

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    That's true... some people will flog even Crosswinds or Adventures... while others, even presented the power in these vehicles, won't drive over 80 km/h.

But the temptation is there... the more confident you are in your vehicle, the more willing you are to take risks.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    toyota fortuner...

toyota quality...

toyota reliability...

toyota's best reputation on building good cars and SUV's..

fortuner...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by karl2001 View Post
    I just bought a Isuzu Alterra last FEb wala naman ako problema so far ayos naman ang performance . I don't know about Fortuner I hear maraming complain againts it lalo na ang suspension

hello! ask ko lang kung ilan ang top speed nang alterra? ilang kilometers ba per liter nya? thanks!

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Top speed? I dunno yet pero napatakbo ko na ng 160kph, meron pang ibubuga. Pag economical driving, umaabot ako ng 13.7km/L pero pag normal driving with rapid acceleration, 11.9km/L lang.

8. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by quiquo View Post
    Top speed? I dunno yet pero napatakbo ko na ng 160kph, meron pang ibubuga. Pag economical driving, umaabot ako ng 13.7km/L pero pag normal driving with rapid acceleration, 11.9km/L lang.
    Wow! Rode and did a test drive on the Alterra with a friend from Isuzu Greenhills. 190kph at STAR! Improving.

The amenities do not compare with the Everest though. The Fortuner still feels lighter but the Alterra was stable up there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Isuzu Alterra vs. Toyota Fortuner