New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Can anyone help with their suggestions?

I am choosing between an Isuzu, 2003 model, turbo diesel, DI, 2.8 pickup which is owned by a cousin (ist owner) with 46,000 km mileage and a brand new, Nissan Frontier pickup, 2.7, standard (no power windows), 14 rim tires. The Frontier while manufactued (i think) 2005 is the 2002 frontier design (not the titanium).

The isuzu costs P600,000 while the brand new frontier P900,000 (with 40% financed).

The isuzu has been upgraded with: Turbo timer, step guard, 16 rim tires (wrangler- the off road type), comprehensive insurance recently paid (P 20,000 for P700,000 coverage).

The frontier's insurance (comprehensive) has likewise been paid for one year.

Question:

Which do you think should i buy? The Isuzu or Nissan Frontier?
    Which will give a better price after maybe 4 years if i decide to sell?

Thanks in Advance!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    sir, budget-wise saan ka? ako dun ako sa fully-loaded na. plus, malaking bagay ang may turbo especially sa pick-up. i've driven a Frontier, well, it is good. but mas matalbog kesa sa isuzu. currently i drive DMax, wala akong masabi. tutal kilala mo naman yung may ari ng isuzu pick-up na sinasabi mo at least di ba may mapagtatanungan ka na if ever magka-problema.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Budget wise, ok lang because the portion in excess of P600K (price of isuzu) can be used for down payment for the Nissan. My only concern is: Re sale value after 4 years as well as the engine and suspension considering the Isuzu has 46,000 km while the Nissan is brand new.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    gusto mo sir, dagdag ka na lang ng konti DMAX kung Frontier lang din ang kukunin mo. yun nga lang LX model sya. pero same engine- 3.0L

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    between the two, I'll pick the isuzu, mura, matipid sa fuel and mabilis...the 2.8 turbo (intercooled??) makes it a fast machine to match the frontier. Frontier standard is not really very matipid pero mabilis eto.

between a 900k frontier and a 920k (or less pa yata) na DMAX LX, I'll go for the DMax..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Isuzu could be cool given it's in good condition if you were to compare it with a bare bones Frontier 2.7S. After 4 years when you sell, the Isuzu will put you in a better resale position as you did not get this brand new (so you're not hit by the first depreciation once you drive it out of the CASA under your name) plus you did not pay any additional interest with it (since the new Frontier will be financed).

If you were to compare a vehicle with the Isuzu in an apples-to-apples scenario, try looking also at a 2nd hand L200 Strada, and Frontier as they would be easier to compare (and may fit in the price range of your 2nd Isuzu also).

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Isuzu, matipid and malakas ang makina pag dating sa hatakan

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kung kampante ka naman sa pagkakaalaga ng insan mo, ok na Isuzu. Yung Php 300,000 na matitipid mo, more than enough for any repairs which you may need.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Thanks Guys! Finally decided on the 2003 isuzu. Yes, i did save P350K including interest (car financing). The isuzu comes with a 20k insurance (it was registered and insured only last week), timer for the turbo, pioneer cd player, stepguards, etc., better deal than the standard nissan. At saka 46k lang ang mileage.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    congrats!!!

Isuzu (2nd hand) vs Frontier standard (new)