New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    My ride is a G variant M/T. I am not against A/T as my Paj also has an A/T. Comparing notes with my officemate who has an A/T for his V variant, he is disappointed with the low FC he is getting.
    Maybe it is just how heavy your foot is on the gas that makes the difference.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    It would be pretty tight inside if you're seven and going to a picnic (with all the bags and stuff). Have you considered a Grand Starex? It has better built engine too.

Grand Starex is too big and too expensive for me. Puede na ang Innova sa amin...I've tried it already.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayward View Post
    My ride is a G variant M/T. I am not against A/T as my Paj also has an A/T. Comparing notes with my officemate who has an A/T for his V variant, he is disappointed with the low FC he is getting.
    Maybe it is just how heavy your foot is on the gas that makes the difference.

Medyo weak kunti ang left knee ko and my big boys and girls prefer AT.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Agree here. Para kang nagmamaneho ng jeep na pampasehero... Malaki ang play ng kambyo,- mahirap ipasok sa gusto mong gear....

9000:painting:
    id agree with you in this one... wala pa halos 1st gear ang D4D, gusto lipat kaagad sa 2nd gear...

A/T
    - best for long drive and for areas that are heavy traffic
    - malakas daw sa gas, am not really sure how reliable this is...

M/T
    - if youre speed freak then go with this transmission
    - am not sure kasi if A/T hindi ka bitin on overtaking...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    May I request Niky, maybe, you have the information about the 0-100 time acceleration between the Innova D4D AT and MT

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by willvill View Post
    May I request Niky, maybe, you have the information about the 0-100 time acceleration between the Innova D4D AT and MT
    Don't have the MT. AT, around 14+ seconds, about the same as an Everest 2.5 AT (Eve heavier, though more powerful and more gears). A lot better than the 25-35 seconds it takes for the Crosswind.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Puede na sa overtaking. With my Crosswind AT, I can just barely manage, with proper timing, some sort of prayer, and cheering from my passengers, in overtaking some highway behemoths.

With the Innova AT, overtaking would be much easier.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Ah! the old AT versus MT debate! again! the bottomline is, it's always a personal choice. what these contributors have said, is their experience. it does not mean your experience will be like theirs.
    btw, overtaking? in an innova? with 7 bodies inside? heh heh heh.
    but i say to you, the MT will always guzzle gas less than the AT. it's physics.
    i drive a MT. madali kasing i-push start kapag patay battery. at well-developed ang lower leg muscle ko sa kaliwa.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by willvill View Post
    Puede na sa overtaking. With my Crosswind AT, I can just barely manage, with proper timing, some sort of prayer, and cheering from my passengers, in overtaking some highway behemoths.

With the Innova AT, overtaking would be much easier.
    Crosswind A/T? Just a thought...

Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    ^This is the most accurate description of the 3rd and 4th gear characteristics of the A/T Crosswind . Here's my own take on overtaking with a Crosswind XTRM A/T:

Step 1: Back off from the vehicle in front of you. Make some room for speeding up.
    Step 2: Floor it! If you're doing about 80km/h *4th, let it shift down to 3rd. If you're going slower than 80km/h, just keep it at 3rd gear by turning the O/D off.
    Step 3: Upon overtaking, Keep it at 3rd gear before reaching about 900rpms before the redline.
    Step 4: While overtaking, let off the gas momentarily to let it shift to 4th. It actually makes the car go faster than what redlining does.
    Step 5: Gradually floor the pedal again but don't let it downshift!
    Step 6: Get back in your lane without flipping the car over.

There you go, all you need is enough space, good timing, and more patience than what I have! Make sure you have the checklist handy when you're overtaking...joke! Be safe and good luck!
    Not the case on our Innova D4D A/T! Although on the other hand, I like how the VVT-i kicks in yo! with the manual. It's a helluva lot faster on the top end, believe me. Even faster than the 3.0L D4D Fortuner.

But D4D M/T vs D4D A/T, I'd go for the A/T. On paper, it's got more torque (+40nm). I personally drove both (A/T regularly) and noticed that the A/T is quicker on normal driving conditions. Dunno why. The M/T's acceleration dies on higher RPMs when on the A/T, the turbo has just started to kick in.

I reckon the A/T D4D will win on a drag race against a D4D with M/T.
    Last edited by roberto_minosa; December 8th, 2009 at 03:12 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Go for the AT because it is 6-speed now which means good FC than the 5-speed MT. And by the way, the clutch is on the hard side for this generation and the 1st gear shifts too early.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Innova MT vs Innova AT