New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Hello there. Soon, hopefully, I could get one of the 2: Innova MT or AT.

I have to first firm up my decision. Which should be a better buy for me: Innova MT or AT?

We are 7 in the family and the vehicle should be an all-around one...going to school, grocery, church, picnics...etc.

My other primary concern is how the vehicle performs in long distance travel especially on the issue of overtaking other vehicles. Will the AT perform as well if not better than the MT?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Both variants are good. Go with what you (or whoever it is will be driving) prefers.

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    Agreed. Toyota's 4 speed slushbox shifts smoothly. Overtaking with the A/T is a cinch provided you know how to control the throttle. Id recommend it for both the gas and diesel variants.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    IMHO, get the AT if you're getting the D4D, For the VVTI, get the MT.

My D4D AT is very powerful from 20kph to 80 kph. if you are loading 7 people always. it would be better to get the diesel because of the higher torque.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    If you will be the one driving it then get the AT. I have a VVTI AT and have driven our company's VVTI MT. The Innova MT gear positions are vague - not fun to use. Acceleration wise AT is ok also.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by uvax View Post
    If you will be the one driving it then get the AT. I have a VVTI AT and have driven our company's VVTI MT. The Innova MT gear positions are vague - not fun to use. Acceleration wise AT is ok also.

Agree here. Para kang nagmamaneho ng jeep na pampasehero... Malaki ang play ng kambyo,- mahirap ipasok sa gusto mong gear....

9000:painting:

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    If its an all around vehicle get the automatic transmision easy to use and learn to drive .In long distance travel its fun and very comfort and in overtaking issue always give an extra space before overtaking even you use a manual transmission to be safe .Goodluck.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Overwhelming for the Innova AT. I will probably focus on the Innova E AT D4D. Right timing na lang next year.

I tried the Innova J MT vvt, and though I've driven for 15 years or so, I got "killed" (namamatayan ng makina) in traffic several times. I found the clutch hard to push with my imperfect knee.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    It would be pretty tight inside if you're seven and going to a picnic (with all the bags and stuff). Have you considered a Grand Starex? It has better built engine too.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I'd agree with the AT... the Innova MT's gearshift is pretty rubbery and the clutch isn't the best out there.

Just be mindful of the maintenance scheds for the AT... don't skip fluid changes!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Innova MT vs Innova AT