New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakwatsero View Post
    Base it on the Fortuner with 225mm, less the difference in tire radius, around 50mm sabi ng tire calculator, and you get 175mm give or take. Both use the same platform and underchassis, so pwede iassume.

These numbers don't mean much. Mas tiwala ako sa Innova with a lower min clearance than a crossover na mas mataas.
    So that''s Fortuner with an 18" and Innova with a 16" tama po ba?

Using the numbers you mentioned, putting 17" to Innova would result to around 193mm na sinasabi ng mga indian reviews about Crysta ground clearance.

Pwede na kaya yun sa soft na offroad?

Sent from my SM-A505GN using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakwatsero View Post

These numbers don't mean much. Mas tiwala ako sa Innova with a lower min clearance than a crossover na mas mataas.
    Care to elaborate po?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by rufoh View Post
    Care to elaborate po?

For 1, Innova is RWD. Everything is much simpler, easier to maintain, likely more reliable than the FWD-based.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    For 1, Innova is RWD. Everything is much simpler, easier to maintain, likely more reliable than the FWD-based.

RWD din po ang RUSH AFAIK since based on Avanza siya.

5. Join Date
    May 2016

Using the numbers you mentioned, putting 17" to Innova would result to around 193mm na sinasabi ng mga indian reviews about Crysta ground clearance.

Not exactly since 17 uses lower profile tires to compensate for the bigger wheel size. In effect, it maintains similar tire circumference.

Input niyo yung stock sizes ng Innova, 205/65R16 at 215/55R17 sa tiresize.com, lalabas dun almost same circumference. Same speedo reading.

Kailangan mas mataas overall diameter para tumaas ang clearance, so kailangan laruin yung combination ng wheel at tire.

6. Join Date
    May 2016
    Care to elaborate po?

Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post

What travajante said. To add, mas robust ang underchassis components ng truck-based na Innova kasi mas mabigat ang bubuhatin. Ladder frame, solid rear axle mean less chassis flex.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008

If your idea of soft off road is uneven, unpaved road surface with a few rocks here and there then yes, a 193mm ground clearance should do fine. Some crossovers make do with less.

Our 2010 Carnival has only 167mm with the stock 225/70R16 tires. The tire size calculator says that 245/70R16 has a height difference of 28mm, divided by half for the radius equals 14mm, now giving me 181mm (tama ba ang calculation? [emoji28]). So far no scrapes naman when it was driven to such road surface in Baguio.

Oh, and our Japan surplus Toyota Granvia has a 195mm ground clearance. Same place in Baguio, performed like a champ!

Sent from my SM-G965N using Tapatalk
    Last edited by GTi; February 11th, 2020 at 12:53 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015

Play w/ wheel well & suspension rub thresholds & wheel offsets, esp out front where you factor turning clearances in. Tires that yield above stock outer diameter can throw the speedo off... something that can be consciously noted & tolerated if increased ground clearance is the priority.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    If your idea of soft off road is uneven, unpaved road surface with a few rocks here and there then yes, a 193mm ground clearance should do fine. Some crossovers make do with less.

Our 2010 Carnival has only 167mm with the stock 225/70R16 tires. The tire size calculator says that 245/70R16 has a height difference of 28mm, divided by half for the radius equals 14mm, now giving me 181mm (tama ba ang calculation? [emoji28]). So far no scrapes naman when it was driven to such road surface in Baguio.

Oh, and our Japan surplus Toyota Granvia has a 195mm ground clearance. Same place in Baguio, performed like a champ!

Sent from my SM-G965N using Tapatalk
    Sumabit po one time ilalim ng Avanza ko e kaya nagpagawa ako power steering assembly naliko daw tie-rod ba yun.

So I guess our soft off road in Banahaw is worse than soft offroad of Baguio

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    madalas sumabit my innova's underside hatak rings, sa workplace parking's tire-stops.