New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Ate brandnew ba ang habol nyo? Suggest ko sana

1.8S ng Civic though its list price and after insurance and perhaps accessories if you so desire will be about 1million hindi lalagpas Brand Spankin New.

Sa Civic class talaga ang exterior and at lalo na ang interior. Its safety rating is off the charts for its class 5 out of 5 stars.

The other day I was at Bonifacio High Street at may display ng Lexus IS300 (a 4 door sedan like the civic) it is priced twice as much pero sabihin ko po sainyo Maam mas maganda pa ang dash ng Civic.

Kung medyo steep and over 900k I would suggest buying second hand. Just last month my mother bought 2007 civic with 8k on the odo meter. I was the one who inspected and test drove it before buying, wow good as new, new car smell pa, yung spare tire nya never used at anganda ng hatak. We bought it for 640k, change oil lang (I just had to be sure,1800php sa Shell semi synthetic 6 mo na ulit ang palit) and good to go! I think if you do some searching you wont have much difficulties finding a good deal like this. At siempre tawad to the max, kasi saamin asking price was 690k, before test drive tinawaran ko 650 binigay after test drive I said maganda talaga bukas din bigay ko sayo cash pero 630 nalang, hangang finaly binigay saakin 640k. Good as new po talaga.

Fuel consumption of the current generation ng Civic Metro Manila driving is about 8 km(average driver), or kung ako nagdradrive 7.5 lang, pero considering it’s a 1.8 li engine that’s really good. Actually ang claim ng Honda would be 9-10 City and 12 highway, pero honestly baka base yun sa sobrang bagal magdrive at tinitipid ang A/C, at hindi natatapat sa rush hour tulad ako. Kapag aakyat ka ng Tagaytay or Baguio hindi ka na mabibitin even if you have 4 adults inside the car with baggage tuloy tuloy ang acceleration.

To top it my Father used to drive a 2004 BMW 325i. Comparing ride quality hindi po naiiwanan ang Civic, feel ko talaga class na class at most of the time I’m the one driving my Mothers 2007 Civic though we don’t live in the same house, balik bayan kasi from state at hindi completely sanay sa traffic ditto kaya puro padrive pa din. Suspension ng Civic matatag din at gives execelent handling for its class. My 2005 civic..so that’s been almost 6 years now, bushing palang ang kanailangan kong palitan sa suspension system, other than that ayos ang lahat smooth padin lalo na kung may mga pasahero ako.

I don’t mean to hate but now I will state my reason for not recommending Innova, simply it’s a death trap, wasn’t designed with the same safety standards of the Civic and the Altis in mind, someone correct me if I’m wrong but that’s what I was told by someone that worked for Toyota, sabi pang South East Asia lang daw? Hindi katulad ng Corolla or Civic where its going to compete in European and American markets.

Kung safety is on top of your list Civic lang or Altis sa budget ng 900k Bnew ang best option.

Also the inova has quite a big dimension, ate baka mahirapan kayo magpark or magmaniobra kung kailangan nyo na.

So for reliability, style, class, economy boto ko Civic for you Maam.

…get the 1.8s auto with airbag na iyun, safe at para hindi po kayo mapagod sa kaka change ng gear sa traffic

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    i've seen a couple of current model kia carnivals at the car dealer beside poveda.

top of the line models with automatic doors (carnival EX, SWB). mileage nila wala pa yata 20,000kms. one is black one is beige. both going for about 900K (brandnew nito 1.4M daw).

dito ka na... the ultimate people carrier!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    kung mag consider siya ng 2nd hand like carnival, baka pwede narin consider carens, tucson or sta fe? yung carens m/t baka umabot pa nga sa budget yung bnew kung may cash discount na ibigay dealer. (100k nakuha namin for our a/t)

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    +1 sa carens... 7 seater... crdi diesel...

Quote Originally Posted by dodongo View Post
    kung mag consider siya ng 2nd hand like carnival, baka pwede narin consider carens, tucson or sta fe? yung carens m/t baka umabot pa nga sa budget yung bnew kung may cash discount na ibigay dealer. (100k nakuha namin for our a/t)

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by krinkx View Post
    +1 sa carens... 7 seater... crdi diesel...
    +2 sa carens

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Mazda2, & Ford Fiesta will tend to be more expensive to maintain and interior very tight & small.

Chevy Cruze is heavy and slow especially when matched with the A/T tranny. The 1.8L engine lacks the proper grunt to haul the heavy chassis. And the heavy chassis will be a big penalty in the fuel economy especially in city stop/go traffic conditions.
    Actually... one of the key promises of Ford is that the Fiesta will cost less to maintain than the Jazz, while maintaining the same 10,000 kilometer service interval.

Agree on the Cruze.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I hope they keep that promise and the 24 hour parts guarantee. I hope they also improve their service...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    carens will do, pero medyo overpriced sya for a seven seater MPV and a 2.0L crdi engine.

innova? pang South east asia lang? makikita mo rin sya sa ibang asian countries.

civic? pwede rin, pero too common.

altis? pwede na rin, they have released new models (minor changes)

cruze? maganda din sya.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Carrens - wala man sa list yan
    Jazz - Tulad ng sinabi ng asawa ni Ate masyadong maliit, and its not good for long distance drives even 3 to 4 times a year lang. at since lady driver sya baka gitgitin lang sya ng ibang malalaking sasakyan.
    Civic - common talaga because its just that good. Safety, reliability, resale value, fuel economy, excellent handling...
    Corolla Altis - Ganda talaga ng bagong headlight and at last they got rid of those awful tail lights.
    Cruze - ewww

Maam bili ka nalang ng 370z since isa lang nman anak mo at seaman naman si sir madalas sya wala. Para kaw at ang baby mo laging enjoy sa drive, jeje.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    With your choices, I'll go for Altis. 6speed m/t will really maintain good FC (especially during long driving).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
innova dsl/gas vs altis vs civic