New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    guys i'm new here, balak bumili ni ermat ng saksakyan pang pamilya, para pwede den naman madala sa province ng esmi ko (baler Aurora, mga 3-4 times a yr) medyo rough road ang daan ano kaya ang pwede namen kuning saksakyan? ano ba dapat namen iconsider, wala ako masyado alam sa auto e.

sana diesel para mura compare sa gasolina at yung matipid, at kung magkaproblema naman yung madaling mahanap ang pyesa.

at mga magkano kaya kung 3-5 yrs to pay. tia

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    For pieces, the 4JA1 of the Crosswind is the older engine, and would be easier to maintain... but the Innova is a more refined vehicle, with more power and better ride comfort.

There were early issues with the Innova, like fuel pump issues with the initial batches of low-sulphur diesel, which lacked lubricity and was supposedly to blame for the infamous "D4D Woes", as well as the rear axle recall, but IMHO, it's still a better buy and family vehicle, overall. It handles better, BRAKES better and rides better. The Innova has a beige interior that is easy to stain, but at least the doors won't sag on their hinges like in the Crosswind. The Crosswind is just too low-tech and crude.

But if you're driving on provincial-bought diesel, which might be dirty, diluted and contaminated, I'd sooner be using the Crosswind's ancient and more robust diesel engine. And the Crosswind has much better cargo space than the Innova, and better ground clearance. If you're looking for a rugged vehicle, it's up there.

It's up to you to decide which matters more... ruggedness or comfort? If your provincial trips includes simple dirt roads that aren't rocky, the Innova can most likely take it. But if you're driving into unmapped territory and fueling up on watery crude, the Crosswind might be the better choice.
    Last edited by niky; April 9th, 2008 at 06:20 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I'd vote for the Crosswind -- as long as you go no higher than the XTi variant. Forget the XUV/XUVi trim, unless you intend to bring along your own chiropractor.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    thx niky

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    I'd vote for the Crosswind -- as long as you go no higher than the XTi variant. Forget the XUV/XUVi trim, unless you intend to bring along your own chiropractor.
    whats with the higher model? kinda newbie when it comes to this kind of thing. so wat do you recommend model?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by wattatoe View Post
    whats with the higher model? kinda newbie when it comes to this kind of thing. so wat do you recommend model?
    The XUV/Sportivo variants are oversized, slow as molasses, deliver a punishing ride and have a relatively higher center of gravity, which isn't a good thing when running the vehicle at speed; it's like they're trying too hard to be SUVs. In this case, bigger isn't necessarily better.

Since the XL, XT and XTi variants have more 'manageable' sizes, the engines don't have to work as hard. Plus, the XTi offers the Sportivo's features at a lower price. Personally, I'd get an XTi as a family car if the Adventure hadn't existed in the first place.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; April 10th, 2008 at 01:15 PM.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The XUV/Sportivo variants are oversized, slow as molasses, deliver a punishing ride and have a relatively higher center of gravity, which isn't a good thing when running the vehicle at speed; it's like they're trying too hard to be SUVs. In this case, bigger isn't necessarily better.

Since the XL, XT and XTi variants have more 'manageable' sizes, the engines don't have to work as hard. Plus, the XTi offers the Sportivo's features at a lower price. Personally, I'd get an XTi as a family car if the Adventure hadn't existed in the first place.
    nakita ko yung price dun sa isang thread, puro MT pala sya noh, wala nmn prob ang manual saken pero ano ba advantage ng manual sa matic and VV.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by wattatoe View Post
    nakita ko yung price dun sa isang thread, puro MT pala sya noh, wala nmn prob ang manual saken pero ano ba advantage ng manual sa matic and VV.
    Personally I'm biased toward manual transmissions myself, for the following reasons:

- A car with a manual transmission is typically less expensive than an equivalent A/T variant.

- A car equipped with a manual transmission weighs less (and is therefore relatively more fuel-efficient) than the same model equipped with A/T; a properly-operated manual transmission can offer between 5%-15% fuel economy over the automatic tranny, depending on driving conditions.

- The driver has more direct control over the car in an M/T. For example, when attempting to pass a slower moving vehicle through a lane with opposite traffic, the driver can select a lower gear for more power at exactly the right moment when conditions are right to begin the maneuver. In contrast, automatic transmissions have a delayed reaction time, because the driver can only indicate intent by pressing the throttle.

- Driving a manual requires more direct involvement from the driver, which helps to keep one's focus away from dangerous practices i.e. eating fast food or operating a mobile phone while driving.

- You can always "push-start" a car with manual transmission.

- Manual transmissions work regardless of the car's orientation angle with respect to gravity (on inclines for example). Automatic transmissions have a fluid reservoir at the bottom; if the car is tilted excessively when starting, the fluid pump can be starved, resulting to a failure in the hydraulics.

- Manual transmission components can better withstand rugged use (and are cheaper to replace).

The only advantages that an automatic transmission offers are comfort (repeatedly operating the clutch and shifter in stop-and-go traffic can be stressful to some drivers) and the driver's ability to multitask behind the wheel. But then, if you're the one driving, then you're responsible for focusing on nowhere else but the road.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; April 10th, 2008 at 02:52 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If nakaka daan ang mga jeep papunta sa Baler, Aurora... then the Innova can handle it. :D

Personally, I'll go for the Innova for its comfort & refinement.

The Crosswind has its uses also... the cargo is big... can fit more people (woe to the jump seat passengers though)... the XT variant looks decent enough. The high-end variants (like the Sportivo / XUV / etc.) doesn't make sense to me.

bigbigcar.com Review: Toyota Avanza 1.5G

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Personally I'm biased toward manual transmissions myself, for the following reasons:

- A car with a manual transmission is typically less expensive than an equivalent A/T variant.

- A car equipped with a manual transmission weighs less (and is therefore relatively more fuel-efficient) than the same model equipped with A/T; a properly-operated manual transmission can offer between 5%-15% fuel economy over the automatic tranny, depending on driving conditions.

- The driver has more direct control over the car in an M/T. For example, when attempting to pass a slower moving vehicle through a lane with opposite traffic, the driver can select a lower gear for more power at exactly the right moment when conditions are right to begin the maneuver. In contrast, automatic transmissions have a delayed reaction time, because the driver can only indicate intent by pressing the throttle.

- Driving a manual requires more direct involvement from the driver, which helps to keep one's focus away from dangerous practices i.e. eating fast food or operating a mobile phone while driving.

- You can always "push-start" a car with manual transmission.

- Manual transmissions work regardless of the car's orientation angle with respect to gravity (on inclines for example). Automatic transmissions have a fluid reservoir at the bottom; if the car is tilted excessively when starting, the fluid pump can be starved, resulting to a failure in the hydraulics.

- Manual transmission components can better withstand rugged use (and are cheaper to replace).

The only advantages that an automatic transmission offers are comfort (repeatedly operating the clutch and shifter in stop-and-go traffic can be stressful to some drivers) and the driver's ability to multitask behind the wheel. But then, if you're the one driving, then you're responsible for focusing on nowhere else but the road.

salamat boss! laking tulong ng ginawa mo, sanay naman ako sa manual, manual naman kasi gamit ko naisip ko lng kasi baka iba na pag mejo malaking sasakyan na imamaneho mo.

*mazda
    boss nakakabyahe naman ang mga jeep dun pero sobrang tagtag at bugbog pate sa isang route ka dadaan kasi me matarik ang daan dun sa mabilis na way eh.
    Last edited by wattatoe; April 10th, 2008 at 03:27 PM. Reason: may dinagdag

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    pag bibili ng sasakyan ano-ano ba ang mga dapat namen tandaan?

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Innova or Crosswind