New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Hello, pls enlighten me. Almost sure na ako to get the Toyota Innova2.8 E MT Diesel, kaya lang parang naisip ko na why not get the A/T instead. Kasi this would be the first family car. Meron na akong personal car before pero I sold it na kasi based na ako overseas. First family car na isa sa mga pwedeng gumamit ay yung father ko na senior na 1st time pa lang magda-drive if ever and yung mga kapatid ko na mas bata sa akin and 2 of them ay girls. My brother can also drive for them naman if needed and I can drive for them too and use it paminsan-minsan siguro kapag nagbabakasyon sa Pinas. Having that said, city driving mostly siguro ang sasakyan and occasionally out of town. Take note that we have a big family na siguro every weekends mamamasyal around metro and sometimes siguro out of town nga, not everyday naman na sasakay lahat.

We already considered yung mga MPVs like Xpander, Rush pero sa tingin namin masikip and underpowered.

Tingin din naman yung tulad ng Starex ay masyado malaki. Kasi may mga instances or mas madalas less than 5 lang ang sasakay.

SUV naman we know na mahal ang maintenance cost nya at mahal din siguro sya.

We considered 2nd hand, pero para sure na din, bnew na lang kasi sa profile ng family namin, di uubra 2nd hand.

Budget namin is around 1.3M

So Innova na nga naisip namin.

We were almost sure about the Toyota Innova2.8 E MT Diesel until I thought na much better na yata kumuha ng A/T, lahat baka matutuo magdrive even my mom which is on her mid 50s and yung mga nakakabatang kapatid nga.

Kaya lang syempre gusto mo din makatipid, you are already thinking sa pagkakaiba ng 2.0gas vs 2.8dsl. Thinking also, kailangan ba talaga namin ng dsl? Kailan ito nagiging advantageous. Regarding naman G vs E, that I'm not sure if worth it ang differences.

Ito ang nasa list namin:

Toyota Innova2.0 E AT Gas
    P1,247,000

Toyota Innova2.8 E MT Diesel
    P1,249,000

Toyota Innova2.8 E AT Diesel
    P1,319,000

Toyota Innova2.0 G AT Gas
    P1,319,000

Hope you can enlighten us.

Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    get the matic.. lalo na kung senior na mag dri drive..

3. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Diesel version. No doubt. Ang lakas ng 1GD grabe [emoji123], malayong malayo sa previous version na 2kd.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Best option would be the 2.8E AT diesel model.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Thanks everyone for your inputs. Most likely A/T na nga ang kukuhanin namin. Kaya lang, I'm still researching if we'll be able to maximize the advantages ng dsl over gas. I can't seem to find enough info sa YT and Google. Not sure if filtered yung results from where I am.

Hope you can still share some of your thoughts.

Thank you.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by learner_til_end View Post
    Thanks everyone for your inputs. Most likely A/T na nga ang kukuhanin namin. Kaya lang, I'm still researching if we'll be able to maximize the advantages ng dsl over gas. I can't seem to find enough info sa YT and Google. Not sure if filtered yung results from where I am.

Thank you.
    Diesel is more frugal in terms of fuel costs but maintenance cost is higher. A 2.0L NA gas engine on a big frame like the Innova may not be too friendly on fuel expense. Most CUVs (CRV, Forester, CX5, etc.) with a 2.0L NA engine would be averaging around 6-7 km/L in Metro Manila and the Innova might do around the same.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    If you are getting manual, stick with j variant. Only difference are mags, foglamp, steering audio controls and 2 additonal speakers with a 150k price difference. Toyota is offering 110k discount this month for j variant.

Kung city driving ka, pwede ka naman mag gas. Wala difference sa consumption ang gas vs. diesel. Pareho nasa 7km/liter. I drive a 2019 2.8E AT. Spirited highway driving gives 14-16km/liter

Usual problem ng innova are rear shocks, rust, water retention sa door shell (nagbabaha) and mine sira aircon, walang lamig. Pero malakas sa arangkada

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Apr 2019

Thank you.
    - Diesel mas mura boss around P45/P46 pesos per liter vs. gas nasa P50+ pesos na ata.
    - Though maingay ang diesel engine (pag nagkaka old na auto) compare to gas but i think mas mahatak/matatag ang diesel engine.
    - mas higher and resale value ng diesel innova (if well maintained)

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008

Thank you.
    Definitely the diesel E AT for me. I remember reading in an article from a local motoring site that the Innova's 5MT is not well suited to the engine, and is unable to take full advantage of the 1GD's power. Probably cost cutting? Both the Hilux and Hiace 2.8 are available with a 6MT, if I'm not mistaken.

For at least the first 5 years, you would most likely be spending only for preventive maintenance. For that, maintenance cost difference between the gas and diesel variants is not much, and you spend on that most likely around twice a year. On the other hand, the price difference between gas and diesel is around P12/L, and that one you will appreciate every time you go to the gas station.

Sent from my SM-G965N using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    May 2016
    Do a test drive. Sure ako you'll go with the 2.8 diesel, ibang klase humatak.

If the price difference is a concern, here's a very basic calculation. Innova Gas AT will only get 7km/l city at best. At P52 per liter of regular unleaded, that's P7.4 fuel cost per km

Diesel AT can easily do 9km/l city. At P44 per liter, P4.9 per km.

So that's P2.5 per km na tipid sa diesel. 1.247M 2.0E AT vs 1.319M, so 72K diff, divide mo sa 2.5 per km. 29,000km pa lang bawi mo na agad.

Of course this doesn't consider maintenance cost yet. Pero say you run 100k km, that's 250K pesos in fuel savings that can easily cover the additional maintenance cost.

And let's be real, hindi na mahirap mag maintain ng diesel ngayon, just change fluids and filters as prescribed in the manual, sigurado tatagal ng 150 to 200k km yung diesel without major repairs. I've seen older HiAces and Innovas with the old 2KD na underpowered, baliwala yung 250K sa odo. Hopefully kasing tibay ng GD series yung KD ng Toyota.

One more thing, don't want to sound like a Toyota agent. Nakita ko lang sa ads online, may great toyota sale, baka maka hirit ka ng malaking discount sa Innova E. Check mo na lang website.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast