New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    WRX!!! boxster turbo AWD baby

why bother comparing the wrx sa civic 2.0SL?? it would be best kung yung SI FD civic and WRX!

1.7M(wrx) vs 2.0M(FD-SI)

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    My take:

Exterior Styling: Subie, but it's close. The ultra-futuristic styling is eye-catching, even if the Civic is starting to become kind of common on our roads. The Subaru has rally-cred, but try telling that to your non-car lover girlfriend, who'll be riced out by the big wing and hood scoop. Expect non-Subie lovers to ask you if the scoop is real. Car-afficionados will give you the thumbs up.

Interior: Civic. The Subaru, once you get over the unfamiliarity, is just another rental-car interior. The Civic's innovative interior and fantastic looking steering wheel look miles better.

Ride: Should be close. The Subaru WRX isn't as hardcore as the STi or the Evo, but the bigger wheels will have a negative effect. But if we're talking a Modulo kit Civic, that one will be on big wheels, too.

Acceleration: Subie. As if it was a fair comparison.

Handling: Subie. The Civic is just too soft.

Fuel Economy: Civic. You don't buy a turbo car to save gas.

Modifying: Civic. Aftermarket parts for the Subaru cost much more. But then again, it's better performance car in the first place.

Racing: Subie. No contest.

Daily Use: Civic, but it's close.

Value for Money: Depends... how much money do you have...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    aaargh! what a pain to be in your shoes classic performance vs chic eyecandy on wheels, what an odd comparison and yet we're all mired by such choices everyday. whatever you choose sir, goes fine by me. just be sure after you've made your purchase to never look behind your shoulder and say to yourself "sigh, I should've... " that sort of feeling.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    hahaha nice nga ang choices eh no

my dad was choosing between camry and civic, labo din nya.

but when i told him how cool he would look driving an impreza...he just shook his head in disbelief.

sabi nya, " sa camry i'll look like a dom, sa civic medyo dom pa din ako sa WRX, wtf are you thiniking son? im 54 years old. "

but when he saw this guy around 60 plus years old driving an Evo8 na red sa may ortigas...sabi nya " where can i get a subaru? "

haha hope he's not bluffing, id chose an impreza in a heartbeat! ofcourse if we could afford the sti version why not, but that would only be in my dreams at night, together with amanda griffin and georgina wilson by myside hehe. :groupwave:

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    but when he saw this guy around 60 plus years old driving an Evo8 na red sa may ortigas...sabi nya " where can i get a subaru? "
    2nd childhood

wrx na :D

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I suggest you get a test drive of both cars first then decide.
    But if you like driving , it will be the WRX. no contest.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    On paper, its the WRX.

I just don't know how long term maintenance and service will be like. The Civic is a regular-joe front wheel drive car with tremendous third party product support (read: non-casa OEM and replacement parts) so expect long-term maintenance to be less painful than the WRX's.

But if you are engaging in the horsepower wars, it's the WRX.
    maintenance of the regular wrx doesnt really differ that much from a regular car ... sympre just have the normal change oil every 5000km then your good to go ! tsaka if you leave the wrx in stock form .. it would never have any problems ! ive seen some wrx which is being daily driver wala naman problema e its like a regular m/t car but with more power pag de ka mag hahataw it can also give you around 7km/l same as the matic 2.0 civic ....

some said after market parts dami daw sa civic.... well sobrang dami rin for the subby ....

wrx no doubt talaga mas ok than the civic

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    if your car will be confined in the city, civic ka na, tipid ka pa sa gas. but if you plan on venturing outside the city where open roads and off-roads are aplenty, the choice is obvious...the rex.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo View Post
    maintenance of the regular wrx doesnt really differ that much from a regular car ... sympre just have the normal change oil every 5000km then your good to go ! tsaka if you leave the wrx in stock form .. it would never have any problems ! ive seen some wrx which is being daily driver wala naman problema e its like a regular m/t car but with more power pag de ka mag hahataw it can also give you around 7km/l same as the matic 2.0 civic ....

some said after market parts dami daw sa civic.... well sobrang dami rin for the subby ....

wrx no doubt talaga mas ok than the civic
    If you are having both vehicles serviced at the dealership using OEM parts then they're pretty much even-steven. But the Civic enjoys tremendous third party product support including inexpensive replacement parts and services. Of course one can always argue that replacement parts are inferior but I've been using them in fleet maintenance for almost ten years with no problems.

When I say long term, I mean 10+ years down the road. Let's just hope Subaru now has the staying power in the market unlike its past attempts with Columbian and GM.
    Last edited by OTEP; October 27th, 2006 at 12:02 PM.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Impreza WRX or Civic 2.0 S-L