New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    good day. if you were to chose between the newly introduced impreza wrx and a modulo-ized 2.0, which one would it be? motor-image phils sells the wrx at 1.7++m while the 2.0 s-l nama is at 1.112m w/o the accessories pa so pag nilagay yung modulo kit mga around 1.3++m rin aabutin. please share your inputs. thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    of course it would still be the wrx ! the modulo civic is just a civic trying to look fast while the wrx is already a fast car itself plus a few thousands of upgrades it can be a monster while the civic would jsut be any other civic na kahit anong gawin mo. plus cmon ... 150+ against 220+ hp??

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ....i would definitely go for the WRX. pero better test drive it. sabi nila medyo stiff daw ride nito (maybe this only applies to the STi variant).

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    no contest, WRX ka na. and i believe stiffer yung ride ng STi, but hey, bearable compared to the evo. :D

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    sorry po kung :offtopic:

motor trend in its november 2006 issue made a comparo between the subaru wrx (TR) and the mazdaspeed3..

the comparo was won by the latter

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    different animals.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    no contest. wrx pa din. kahit naka Mugen pa yun civic.

engine. handling. lampaso civic.

impreza is cbu from japan. madami ako nababasa sa quality nya which is very high in standard.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    definitely wrx!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    On paper, its the WRX.

I just don't know how long term maintenance and service will be like. The Civic is a regular-joe front wheel drive car with tremendous third party product support (read: non-casa OEM and replacement parts) so expect long-term maintenance to be less painful than the WRX's.

But if you are engaging in the horsepower wars, it's the WRX.
    Last edited by OTEP; October 25th, 2006 at 10:42 AM.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    WRX pa rin!! no contest! btw the modulized 2.0 civic s with all the mugen stuff is 1.5m daw. so kung 2.0S-L with mugen mga 1.6 aabot if kasama un bucket seats and the mugen wheels.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Impreza WRX or Civic 2.0 S-L