New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Thanks for the inputs guys.

My wife likes the Scooby as well but we haven't test-driven the Tucson yet. Meat, I was actually thinking of the AT which they say consumes less fuel than the MT.

Oliver, ok din yung input mo kaya lang I feel that if I get the Impreza, parang for-keeps na ata ito, then save up and buy a new one na lang (or second hand) later.

One other consideration I'm thinking of is what the resale value is. I hear a lot of good things about the Impreza and its resale value. Ewan ko lang yung sa Tucson. I know Hyundais are in-demand nowadays because of the engine, pero ok din ba resale value niya? Tsaka yung "All-In" promo ng Hyundai (meaning to say in-house financing) charge higher interest rates than the All-In promo of Subaru. No kidding! At least that's based on one dealer I've spoken to. Lumalabas na mas mataas ang monthly payment ng Tucson 4x2 CRDI--even though it's cheaper--than the Scooby! By about as high as P1,000+ per month over 48 months! That's definitely one thing to take into consideration.

Ang gusto ko din when I test drove the Subaru is how solidly-built it feels. Pati yung pagsara ng pinto parang Audi/Benz/BMW. Solid ang tunog. Euro feel talaga.

Anyway, have to see the Tucson before the final choice, but certainly, more inputs would be welcome from the experts.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Tip na lang po regarding financing. Do the math before committing to use the in-house financing. Yep they will give you many freebies but then all of those will likely be erased by the very high interest costs. Try going to a bank and see how much they charge in interest if the difference is substantial then I suggest getting the financing from a bank and forego the freebies which you can pay naman with the savings from interest costs.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Fellow tsikoteer MazingerZ gave me a good deal sa financing, mababa interest rates. Maybe you can ask him.

Personally I do not like in house financing. Most cases they really rip people off. Thats why they give more freebies when you do financing as opposed to when you pay cash straight up.

Regarding the AT being more fuel efficient than MT. Usually this varies with the drivers driving style. AT is what I would recommend though. With the stop-go traffic in Metro Manila and all. The AT gets to have 2 cup holders sa may center console as well. MT only has 1 because of the dual range shift stick thing.

I would suggest you test-drive and get the feel of the Tucson first. The impreza may be a good car, but you might need the utility of the Tucson.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Aside from the Tucson, you can also check out KIA Sportage CRDI, Mitsu Strada, (or wait for the Montero Sport 2.5 4x2, it's expected to be around 1.1M).

Subaru is nice but if you can, ask Motorimage when the Impreza Diesel will arrive. It's a 6-speed, AWD rocket.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Meateater, just to give you an idea on the "all in," in-house financing scheme of Motor Image: the interest rate over 48 months is 31%, free comp insurance, chattel mortgage fee, and 3-year LTO reg. According to the Acct Exec I spoke to, if you have your financing done outside on your own, you need to pay for the insurance, mortgage fee and LTO, but they'll give you a 70K discount for spot cash. I don't know if this is enough to offset the non-freebie costs (CM, insurance, LTO)? And, yes, I will test drive the Tucson tomorrow.

HP, thanks for the tips. I'll take them into consideration. Here's the problem lang: I feel like I want to get rid of my car already. It's due for repairs soon (daming sakit na lumalabas), ayoko na sana ipaayos but if I need to wait, I will.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yes its enough to offset the other costs if they give you a P70K spot on cash discount. Insurance dapat mga P25K lang yan maybe even less for a P1M car. LTO for 3 years is like P7000 maybe even less. Chattel I am not sure pero alam ko di rin mataas yan... And imagine the interest rate 31%. 31% of P1,000,000 is P310,000 to put that into perspective. PAY CASH or if you can't go finance lower from outside banks forget the freebies.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Yes its enough to offset the other costs if they give you a P70K spot on cash discount. Insurance dapat mga P25K lang yan maybe even less for a P1M car. LTO for 3 years is like P7000 maybe even less. Chattel I am not sure pero alam ko di rin mataas yan... And imagine the interest rate 31%. 31% of P1,000,000 is P310,000 to put that into perspective. PAY CASH or if you can't go finance lower from outside banks forget the freebies.

Tidus, thank you sa tips! I have some additional queries, if I may be allowed, kasi yung previous purchase ko was done in-house. I'm not quite sure how "on-your-own" bank financing works, so please bear with the following queries on this type of financing:

1. Will the CR be under the bank's name?
    2. Will I get spot-on cash if I do this? What happens to the 30% d/p? Will the bank include that in the total loanable amount, or will I be loaning just the amortized balance? In other words, do I give the bank the amount equivalent to the d/p?
    3. Will the bank pay the dealer directly in cash so that I get the full discount?
    4. How will LTO/CM/Insurance fees be paid. Do I add that on to the d/p? Kasi as of now I only can afford a total cash outlay equivalent to 30% d/p.

Thanks in advance!

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Nako I too am not very familiar with bank financing since allergic ako sa debt But I will answer what I know...

1. Yes. Until you pay down the loan the CR will be under their name and held by them.
    2. The banks pays the car company cash. You pay the downpayment that you agree with the bank and the monthly payments and interest that was agreed upon. So out na yung car company its between you and the bank. If you fail to pay, the bank takes the car.
    3. I think so. Car companies treat outside financing as cash payment so they might give you the discount. But better ask them...
    4. Insurance is separate. Whether you get it in-house or get it elsewhere it is separate from the car payment. So if you get it in-house then yeah you pay it on top of the DP. If you get elsewhere they you pay separately.

kung ganyan ba ang pilian.. aba sa impreza 2.0R-sport dual-mode 5MT na ako

just test drive to know what i mean.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Yummy, not really interested in MT. I was driving MTs for 13 years then I discovered the joys of ATs. Now it's all AT for me! It's really not about speed.

Went to Hyundai Macapagal this afternoon. Suprise, surprise, they did not have an in-house Tucson to test drive! According to the sales agent, January will be the earliest time I can test drive the Tucson, since it'll have to be scheduled with the central HARI office! Duh! What if I have to decide already?!? Oh well.

Tidus, I did purchase my previous vehicle using bank financing (in-house) and the CR was actually under my name already.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Impreza 2.0 R-Sport vs Tucson CRDI 4x2