New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Ok, ok, I know the subject vehicles are not in the same class, but they are approximately in the same price range (P1.14M for the Impreza, P1.12m for the Tucson).

Assuming both vehicles are ok with you, size-wise, what would you buy and why? Pros and cons?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    kung ok nman size ng impreza dun nalang po kau. lamang lang tucson d2 kapag bumaha at syempre mas cheap gamitin kasi crdi

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Priorities... Priorities... Answer that first and we can give a better opinion. The Impreza might be a much more exciting car but then its not going to be as flexible as the Tucson in case you do gorceries. Tucson for a family car and Impreza for a personal car...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    I had this dilemma before but in the end I chose the 2.0R.
    Mainly because it has alot more to offer for roughly the same price and the ride is really good.

Pros:
    Ride is good
    Comes with good tires (ADVAN)
    AWD
    Cruise control
    Traction control
    Quiet engine
    Side mirrors are bigger, thus better visibility

Cons:
    only 1 CASA
    gas consumption is higher than average
    4 speed AT
    no coin holder
    low ground clearance

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Priorities... Priorities... Answer that first and we can give a better opinion. The Impreza might be a much more exciting car but then its not going to be as flexible as the Tucson in case you do gorceries. Tucson for a family car and Impreza for a personal car...

The Tucson is a good pick for the baha and because it's CRDI, definitely cheaper on fuel, likely on consumption as well (although if I do buy the Impreza, it'll be mostly on an E10 diet).

I'm married but no kids yet, so mainly it'll be my wife and me. If we do get a kid, I don't think the Impreza will be a problem, as most baby trolleys are foldable nowadays.

With all these considerations, what would you get?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by meateater View Post
    I had this dilemma before but in the end I chose the 2.0R.
    Mainly because it has alot more to offer for roughly the same price and the ride is really good.

Pros:
    Ride is good
    Comes with good tires (ADVAN)
    AWD
    Cruise control
    Traction control
    Quiet engine
    Side mirrors are bigger, thus better visibility

Cons:
    only 1 CASA
    gas consumption is higher than average
    4 speed AT
    no coin holder
    low ground clearance

meateater, how's the Impreza's consumption? Is it worse than my current ride, an 03 Lancer MX (7-8 city, 11-12 highway, 9 mixed)?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by stormgray View Post
    meateater, how's the Impreza's consumption? Is it worse than my current ride, an 03 Lancer MX (7-8 city, 11-12 highway, 9 mixed)?
    City is around 7-7.5 on average.
    Highway is around 10 -11.
    I guess this has something to do with my driving style I shift around 3k rpm usually.

Before I forget, I use the manual tranny pala.

My friend istan also has a 2.0r he does around 9-10 city (super tipid mode driving, he shifts at low rpm).

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by stormgray View Post
    The Tucson is a good pick for the baha and because it's CRDI, definitely cheaper on fuel, likely on consumption as well (although if I do buy the Impreza, it'll be mostly on an E10 diet).

I'm married but no kids yet, so mainly it'll be my wife and me. If we do get a kid, I don't think the Impreza will be a problem, as most baby trolleys are foldable nowadays.

With all these considerations, what would you get?
    Then maybe the Impreza is the way to go then...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    i 2nd for the subbie. we need to get more of those on the road
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Personally the imprezza is an I want car..But if I were in your shoes, married,no kids yet but soon to come, Id get the tucson..

Pag dating kasi ng baby sigurado may yaya yan siempre plus 1 seating,plus all the bags,accessories and stroller etc etc..

Kung Imprezza naman muna ngayon tas bili nalang ng mas malaki pag dating ni baby, pwede din, pero kung bebenta mo muna yung car bago bili ng malaki sayang naman yung depreciation..might as well use the money on baby's needs..my two cents

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Impreza 2.0 R-Sport vs Tucson CRDI 4x2