New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by teekoy View Post
    Mga Dude,

If you were to choose, taking into consideration reliability and overall value for money, how would you rate the following vehicles in the 1.2M+ price tag:

1. 2007 4x4 Strada GLS
    2. 2007 Everest 4x2
    3. Kia Sorento
    4. Hyundai Tucson CRDi
    5. Subaru Forester 2.0X
    6. Grand Vitara
    7. Isuzu Sportivo
    8. Toyota Innova

Mapansin nyo na the vehicles belong to different categories and on the bigger side.. kasi I'm a family man and lives in bulacan where road condition (atleast in our area) is not good... need your inputs sana coz i'm planning to buy a new service.. just wanna know how these vehicles compare with each other. Kung may na-miss ako that in your opinion pwede din i-consider, please feel free to comment na din. Salamat ng marami!
    Actually, my personal choice here is the Tucson (real value for money), but that's assuming that the road you're going to use is in good condition,- you said that it's not.

So, IMHO, it's either the Everest or the Vitara.

2101:banana2:

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If it's poor road conditions, I'd prefer the Everest. The Strada and Sorento ride gently, but I don't know how long the shocks will hold up to that punishment with such soft springs. A Fortuner 4x2 would be good, too, as long as you don't mind the ride in the back.

An Innova would also be good. Despite its modern looks, its still AUV-tough underneath, without riding like a truck, like the Sportivo does.

The rest seem kinda lightweight, and I don't know if you'll want a gasoline vehicle if you drive long distances... depends on your budget.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Mmmm... its either the Forrester or Tucson for me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    bias ako, Forester nlng comes with AWD Symmetrical performance.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    dont buy a pickup. nowadays, it's just a waste of space.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's hard to transport the family in a truck, so I'd prolly stay away from those. They do make good personal vehicles especially if you haul and if you're part of the outdoorsy set. In our area in Bulacan, you'd look a bit out of place if you weren't driving something trucky.

Everest of Innova depends on the size of your family. But my personal choice (if I were the one to be using it) would be the Tucson or Vitara.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Tucson: CRDi engine
    Vitara: 4x4 capability

Either of the two ok sa akin...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Guys,

Thanks for all your comments. With your inputs, I have trimmed down my choices to Everest, Vitara, Forester, Tucson and Strada (kasama pa din strada kc yun tlaga choice ni misis eh. porma daw! ayaw ko nga sana kaso baka bugbugin ako eh. ehehehe... ).

Btw, may diesel engine ba na Vitara and Forester?

Also how's the fuel consumption ba of these vehicles? Thanks.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If the road conditions in your area are a bit bad, I'd either go for the Sorento or Everest.

The Sorento ups the ante by offering 4wd capability... the Everest on the other hand has a much improved suspension & engine... not to mention that it has more space.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    you mentioned that you're a family man. if you have a family of five (or more), scratch the Forester from your list, because it's not the roomiest of the lot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
If you were to choose...