New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Jimny kahit anong year model sa OLX walang bababa sa P300k-350k kahit sa early year 2000s. Yung 2009 pataas nasa 450k-550k. Parang napako na presyo doon.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Ang mahal ng hrv xv at asx. Masyadong malapit na ang price ng base montero or mux

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If budget is not an issue, the Subaru XV is the best way to go.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    I'm seeing a lot of HRVs on the road these days, looks nice and way better looking than the jukes i see running around (sorry owners) Better feedback from i20 and Trax owners would also be much appreciated here. Mazda seems to be taking its time with the cx3, but I am guessing it will be priced close to the xv.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00ED using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If budget is not an issue, the Subaru XV is the best way to go.
    Xv price is too close sa base model forester, better get that one instead

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    Been reading good reviews on the internet about the Chevy Trax.

Anybody in Tsikot owns one and can give a short review? Is it FWD or RWD?
    Good legroom. Good ride. Lots of power.

No one will buy it, because it's a Chevy. Sayang.

Here's my take on these cars. I've driven all of them at one point or another, save the Creta. HARI is still studying the business case for it, so I wouldn't hold my breath just yet.

Subcompact models:

Suzuki Jimny:

+ Only SUV in the class. Rugged. Dependable. Super-cheap to own. Super-tough underchassis. Only car here you can actually take off-road.

- Rough ride. Tiny rear seat. Poor highway economy and power. Ancient chassis.

Ford EcoSport:

+ Relatively sprightly handling. Good looks. Very, very cheap. Usable rear seat.

- Dual-clutch variant slow. Ride can be a bit choppy.

Chevy Trax:

+ Big back seat. Powerful motor. Good ride. Decent handling.

- Chevy plastics. 1.4T engine a big unknown in local conditions.

Hyundai i20 Cross

+ Smooth ride. Nice design, inside out. Decent space. Good economy with the diesel.

- High price. Anemic engines. Low roof. Poor ground clearance for a crossover.

Nissan Juke

+ Really an in-betweener, wider than other subcompacts, with more elbow-room. Gutsy 1.6 liter engine. Fantastic design, inside and out. Pretty good handling.

- Rear legroom on the small side... even compared to these babies. Ride a bit stiff. CVT not as eager as the engine, only really wakes up once you're moving.

-----

Compact models:

Honda HR-V

+ CVT, great legroom, smooth ride

- Poor rear seat headroom. Bit expensive. 1.8 liter engine only choice. Slow steering.

Mitsubishi ASX

+ CVT, puncy 2.0 engine, reasonably good ride and handling.

- Getting pretty old. Lacks refinement.

Hyundai ix25

+ Unknown. Looks good, though, and headroom in the rear looks like it won't be a problem.

- Unknown.
    Last edited by niky; February 2nd, 2016 at 03:19 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    The Mazda CX-3 is just a tall hatch, it's just a few inches taller than a Mazda 3. It doesn't even have decent ground clearance (155 mm).

8. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    if I am in the market for a small suv, I'd probably roll the dice and take a chance on the Trax. It probably is the biggest mini/compact suv out there that has usable interior and luggage space.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12