New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Been considering this a few months back but the diesel price surge place this in the backburner....but really...

Which is worthy for a million bucks---battle galore of the diesel hatchbacks? Parang Paquiao (1.6L i30) against de la Hoya (2.0L Focus)...your take guys...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i would still go for the Focus...its bigger and has more power.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Wait for the i30 SR CRDI 2.0 (138hp).

But for the comparo, Ford apparently has better handling (accdg to 5th gear). Wait for the new Focus though. The one we have here is the phased out one. The new one looks like a Fiesta.

If you're after parts peace of mind, Hyundai would be cheaper than Ford.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    maybe a 1-minute period block would fix this double post issues.
    Last edited by Horsepower; September 23rd, 2008 at 09:10 PM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Focus is the better engine and chassis. The i30's interior seems miles better, though.

They're very different cars. If you're buying the car to drive, then there's still not much that can touch the Focus. If you're buying for an economy commuter, the Hyundai's smaller 1.6 displacement might work to its advantage, though the Focus, in my experience, isn't much less economical than the Hyundai 1.5.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just took a look at the I30's specs at motioncars. It's a little too expensive for my tastes. And, when you consider the price points, there are a couple of cars which I'll consider ahead of it starting with the Civic, the Mazda3, the Corolla etc. Heck, for the top-of-the-line model of the I30, I can even get an entry level Impreza.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well... the high price is also what hobbled the Elantra. CRDI diesels cost a lot more to make compared to regular EFI gasoline engines. Ford only gets away with its pricing by feature-cutting... lord knows what they'll be charging for the up-specced new TDCi.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeCGNOuWi_E"]YouTube - New ford focus Vs Hyundai I30 on fifth gear[/ame]

fuel economy of 2.0L CRDi i30 is better than the 2.0 TDCi Focus. for sure the FC of the 1.6L i30 is way better than the Focus. Anyway, i'd still go Focus.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    imho, it's not worth buying sedans worth 1M+ regardless if it's crdi or 2.0 gasoline racers. at 1M price budget, pipilitin ko na suv na.

regarding the 2, my choice will be the i30 if I will buy it in Australia kasi regular cheap car lang ito dun. the Ford never really crossed my mind.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well, it'll depend on your priorities. Even with the availability of 2.0 CRDi SUVs, the fuel economy of a diesel sedan is still superior to a diesel CUV or SUV, due to the lower weight... and against a five-seat CUV, there's not much compromise in usability, unless you go far off-road (in which case you'll want a mid-sized ladder-frame SUV with 4WD, anyway) or are carrying a full set of matched luggage to work everyday.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Is the i30 CRDI better than the Focus TDCI Sport?