New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    thanks to your responses to my previous post, which helped a lot. as a clincher, i decided to test drive both the jazz and the focus at the auto focus auto show. here are my observations:

jazz:
    1) easier to control (lighter body)
    2) suspensions are inferior compared to the focus
    3) really comfortable seats

focus:
    1) responsive and powerful engine
    2) smoother ride due to superior suspensions
    3) seats are on the hard side

as i mentioned before, riding comfort is an important criteria in making my decision. but with my test drive results, i can't make a decision w/c provides better riding comfort.

better suspension vs better seats?

or are harder seats better since it's brand new? will it get better as it's being used?

so far, these two remains a tie for us. it might boil down w/c dealer gives a better deal.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by automatic View Post
    thanks to your responses to my previous post, which helped a lot. as a clincher, i decided to test drive both the jazz and the focus at the auto focus auto show. here are my observations:

jazz:

focus:

as i mentioned before, riding comfort is an important criteria in making my decision. but with my test drive results, i can't make a decision w/c provides better riding comfort.

or are harder seats better since it's brand new? will it get better as it's being used?

so far, these two remains a tie for us. it might boil down w/c dealer gives a better deal.
    so u already got to know FORD FOCUS World Class / Superior Ride & Handling. its the manufacturers Champion in the WRC. okay regarding about the (relatively) harder seats.... it actually has two advantages.
    1. gives better comfort over long distance driving >5hrs or more.
    2. Focus's seats will mold to your body over-time, so don't worry about it.

plus another advantage is: would u like to provide business to Thailand workers or to our Kababayan's in Ford's Laguna Factory?

its no brainer, pick the Focus (and don't be swayed by Jazz trick rear seats, other than that, its not much).

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    parakito's correct, the seats of the focus will mold your body in due time.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by automatic View Post

jazz:

focus:

If its between the seat or ride ... get the car with better seats because you can always easily change the ride with mods which would improve handling and comfort as well.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Changing the seat is cheaper than changing the suspension in the long run. Not to mention you'll void the warranty if you mod the ride right away.

Focus gets my vote.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Idoy View Post
    Changing the seat is cheaper than changing the suspension in the long run. Not to mention you'll void the warranty if you mod the ride right away.

Focus gets my vote.
    You think changing seats is easier?... with what? surplus seats from an old Mazda3? And you think that will not be voiding the warranty either?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    My mistake.

What I mean was improving the seats. Like putting some cushions. Add-ons.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Focus gets my vote. Kaya lang it came too late. The Jazz I reserved a month ago is already at the dealership. Maybe i'll just wait for the full model change of the Focus. The european model has a crease siding. Maybe it will come to our shores in another year or two.

test driving a jazz and a focus