New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd say the Sentra, kasi sya lang ang injected eh... Although the Lancer GTi din ata injected, that's a nice looking car kung inalagaan...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by spinnaker
    I need help in deciding a second-hand car all in 1990 model. My options are Lancer, Corolla, or Sentra. Anyone can help me especially in fuel consumption aspect and maintenance. I also need the price range of these cars, just to give me an idea before buying. Thanks.

my choice would be a 1992/1993 Nissan Sentra 1.6 ECCS if you have a tight budget.

-1.6L engine is offers pretty good power at 110hp (even compared to today's cars) and good fuel milage (if you keep it stock). Modified it can reach over 120hp with IHE mods but expect fuel milage to drop drastically.

-1.4L engine version is also available.

-get the manual version. The a/t version consumes a bit more gasoline and lacks "omph" when accelerating. The manual tranny version is also easier to maintain, you just have to check/lubricate/replace the clutch cable when the clutch is hard to press.

-interior space is ok but rear legroom is a bit tight.

-1993&up model units have ABS brakes and 14inch alloy wheels. Older units have 13inch alloy wheels and no ABS but equipted with front-rear brake proportioning system (anti-skid) which means if you lock your front wheels, your car will go straight until hitting a tree or another car. Thats compared to spinning out of control.

-you can buy the same year model sentra cheaper than a corolla.

-contrary to public opinion, the nissan sentra 1992 and up models are not "kalampagin". In fact, they are pretty durable as long as simply & regular maintenance is done. Of course, the sentra "box-type" is simply junk.

-during the eight years I drove a 1992 Nissan Sentra 1.6L, the major stuff I had done was replaced the shock absorbers, clutch-plate (I was intro drag racing kasi), power steering hose and alternator.

-note: with any old cars, expect to change the rubber bushings in the suspension if they haven't been replaced yet.

Check the prices at http://www.buyandsellph.com and search for sentra for prices.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; September 28th, 2005 at 12:49 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Oh, door hinges ng nissan madalas kumakalampag after 8 years or so hehe

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Corolla GL pala. kala ko yong big body. sentra nlang pre

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    teka, based on the thread title, do you mean strictly 1990 model year lang or models released during the 90's or early 90's? if it's the former, i'd have to say na corolla GL lang ang logical choice. but if it's the latter, I'd go for the sentra series 2. the series 2 came out around 92 pa.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I have a tight budget of 120K. My thinking is that 1990 models fall around this price. I'm wondering if you could buy a Nissan Sentra '92 or '93 for 120K and of course it must be in excellent condition. Nissan Sentra '92 or '93 wouldn't be bad based on what ghosthunter have said. And also, fuel consumption would be my concern, medyo mahal na gasolina ngayon.

I've got a question. Is the Sentra "box-type" a 1990 model? I still see a lot of them running these days. Why is it simply junk?

Of these three sedans, which do you think has the best look. Or despite the years, "maporma" pa rin siya.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by spinnaker
    I have a tight budget of 120K. My thinking is that 1990 models fall around this price. I'm wondering if you could buy a Nissan Sentra '92 or '93 for 120K and of course it must be in excellent condition. Nissan Sentra '92 or '93 wouldn't be bad based on what ghosthunter have said. And also, fuel consumption would be my concern, medyo mahal na gasolina ngayon.
    if you are concerned with fuel consumption, I would suggest the 1.4L Sentra. It has most of the good stuff found in the 1.6L...

I've got a question. Is the Sentra "box-type" a 1990 model? I still see a lot of them running these days. Why is it simply junk?
    Weak engine, the original build-quality was bad for this model in general. The only positive thing about this model is it came with a diesel engine option. And generally, this car is simply too old and will just give you more headaches than it should.

Of these three sedans, which do you think has the best look. Or despite the years, "maporma" pa rin siya.
    The 92 Sentra is easy to upgrade its looks. Decent 15inch alloy wheels (example: rota's sub zero is a good choice), JDM front grille, white front signal lights (original came with a yellow inner core), lowering springs and the GTS body kit (front/rear bumper & side skirts). Avoid adding trunk spoilers/wings & cheap foglights.

My suggested look for the 92 Sentra is "clean lines". Form should follow function. If it has no function, it has no place on the car.

Rota sub-zero wheel:

Link to Rota Wheels
    Last edited by ghosthunter; September 29th, 2005 at 07:20 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For the sentra, simple Ronals (yung uso nung era na yun), drop it a little, gwapong gwapo na...

speaking of which, remember the "sentra boys" nung early 90's naka blue na b12 lahat :D

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    i thought nisaan has a gas guzzler reputation...is this true? or just another tsismis

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    For the sentra, simple Ronals (yung uso nung era na yun), drop it a little, gwapong gwapo na...
    dami din gumamit ng Ronals na mags sa AE92 ,,sir theveed cool din tinggnan

remember the "sentra boys" nung early 90's naka blue na b12 lahat
    naalala ko din iyon mga Corolla boys namin sa murphy ..

pero AE101 na dala nila karamihan non

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
I need help in deciding a second-hand car all in 1990 model Lancer, Corolla, or Nissa