New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    i saw 3 veracruz'es on my stay in ghills this day alone. grabe talaga ghills area, pabrika ng luxury cars. i also saw 2 brand new starexes, a number of sta. fe's, a number of no plates bnew BMW's and a fleet of new CRV's on every parking lot corner.

sa ortigas di ako gano nakakakita ng ganito kadami brand new luxury cars.
    Hehehe pareho yata tayo ng time na nandun. Saw this Volvo sedan na naka-blings, naka-tambay nung una sa tapat ng O.B. tapos nakasalubong ko sa Club Filipino exit. Dun ka din pala, di ko nakita yung blue mo na SF. Ewan ko lang kung same tayo ng nakita din na BMW 3series, ung bluish silver. Ganda ng color

Syempre di mawawala ung 07 Camry's, CRV's, RAV4's & Expedition's. Sa LSGH din may SF ako nakita, grabe talaga dun sinasakop talaga buong daan.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    naka-crv lang ako kanina, coding kasi SF eh. yup may nakita ako lowered na 3series pero black naman tapos may antenna na parang fin ng pating.

sa ortigas metrowalk madami luxury cars dun parati naka-park sa may istayson ng SWAT sa may barbqhan

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Sa ortigas kita ko lagi yung same SF na nakikita ko everytime. Ung gun metal. Nakakasalubong ko lagi. Yup karamihan dun sa metrowalk naka-setup

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the veracruz is bigger than the santa fe, right?

i wonder why they chose not to offer it with a v8? in countries where speeds are higher, it would come in handy...considering all its logical competitors have v8 models...

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Syempre naman! Veracruz! Satisfied ako sa performance at sa tipid sa gasolina!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    the veracruz is bigger than the santa fe, right?

i wonder why they chose not to offer it with a v8? in countries where speeds are higher, it would come in handy...considering all its logical competitors have v8 models...
    it's only slightly bigger. better rear seats & luggage space... but not that big as like an expedition.

afaik - in the us it comes with a 3.8L V6 (to note that most of its crossover competitors are using 3.5L V6s). the sta. fe there comes with a smaller 2.7L V6.

---

between the two... hmmm... am favoring the veracruz currently since it has a diesel engine here and seats for 7. :2thumbsup:

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    afaik - in the us it comes with a 3.8L V6 (to note that most of its crossover competitors are using 3.5L V6s). the sta. fe there comes with a smaller 2.7L V6.
    True. But, the 2.7L V6 is the base engine. Higher models have the same 3.3L V6 of the Sonata but uprated to 242hp.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    True. But, the 2.7L V6 is the base engine. Higher models have the same 3.3L V6 of the Sonata but uprated to 242hp.
    Yep it comes in two sizes, 2.7L and 3.3L

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    i'd take the Murano... hehe...

CVT high powered V6 and exotic looks... the Veracruz might be diesel but at its weight and power.... i dont think its gonna be as frugal as i'd want. but it looks good and has nice features too, undeniably.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    apologies to the threadstarter ....

but what if we include the Mazda CX-9 in the comparison ?

was informed by a Mazda SA that it "might" be introduced here in the coming months / before year-end. price will be around 2.5M

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Hyundai Veracruz vs Nissan Murano