New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    AFAIK All car manufacturers produce lemons, so lets not debate on that. The X-trail isn't "old" by any standards, and there is a Diesel version but not available here. Why not test drive both vehicles to help in your decision making. One thing I can say about the X-trail, its quick and responsive.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    yup..its quick and very responsive...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Tucson won awards so maganda ang quality at performance. I'd first test drive both to be sure I get the right comment. Sana dumating na yung diesel variant ng Xtrail.........

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    try the tucson gasoline 4x2 the engine is a 2.0, ive tested it very powerful... and they have a monotone color..... compared to the 4x4 with flat black color bumper......

5. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    If it was up to me, I would look beyond the external aspects of the Tucson to buy it. The crdi and 4x4 options would be my target for buying the Tucson at the price level of a 4x2 Gas xtrail considering the added traction of the 4wd, and the thrift of a diesel fed engine.

But if it was my money, I would get the XTRAIL The bad diesel quality in our shores and the new crdi's are like a dark cloud of uncertainty. We dont know if it will cause any damage to the new crdi engines or if the new gen crdi's are up to the task.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer
    if u want 2 be different tucson hehe
    Igan eggman, tama si bluebimmer para nga naman iba ka naman. Nakakasawa na puro halos pare-pareho na nakikita mo sa daan. Saka di ka agrabyado sa Hyundai CRDi engine. Mabuti silipin mo muna components nya kung Bosch components gamit nila sa CRDi engine nila dahil okay yan kung bosch pareho ng sa starex at Sorento. Wala pang reported na problema sa engines ang mga yan. Mga feed back na di maganda sa hyundai at Kia, panahon pa ng hapon yon. Modern na sila at malaki ang naging improvements nila as far as build quality is concerned. Sabi nga ng isang igan natin, nakakuha pa ng award sa ibang bansa. Pero yon nga, ikaw pa rin ang magdedecide which of the two. Kung anong sabi ng puso mo eh

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cardo View Post
    If it was up to me, I would look beyond the external aspects of the Tucson to buy it. The crdi and 4x4 options would be my target for buying the Tucson at the price level of a 4x2 Gas xtrail considering the added traction of the 4wd, and the thrift of a diesel fed engine.

But if it was my money, I would get the XTRAIL The bad diesel quality in our shores and the new crdi's are like a dark cloud of uncertainty. We dont know if it will cause any damage to the new crdi engines or if the new gen crdi's are up to the task.
    I'm in the final stages of deciding between these 2 vehicles (or a Forester 2.0X) but for obvious fuel economy reasons was favouring the Tucson CRDi.
    However i've not heard of the bad diesel issue before.

Can you or anybody else expand on this?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Vehicle manufacturers (and oil companies) may have already addressed the 'bad diesel' issue and its effects on the new CRDi engines. Besides, when in doubt, use biodiesel.

That said, my vote goes to the Tucson; the X-Trail never appealed to me in the first place.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by eggman View Post
    Kung may 1.250M kayo ano ang kukunin nyo,yung Tucson CRDi(1.188.000) or yung Xtrail 200X(1.230.000)? Para saakin yung Tucson dahil mas ok!
    I would only get the Tucson kung 4WD variant ang pagpipilian. I test drove the 2.0 4x2 and wasn't impressed by it. Ang maganda nga lang for the Tucson 4x4 diesel ay yung mags niya. Downside: yung diesel niya ay walang VGT for this model (pump-type lang siya)

Sa X-trail naman, okay yung interior niya. Problema nga lang is kung hindi ka sanay sa center-mount gauges, then mahihirapan ka o di mo magugustuhan ito (because of that).

Other than that, I can say they are pretty much neck-and-neck

P.S.
    Be aware though na there are other vehicles aside from the above to choose from (ie. Honda "bucktooth" CR-V, Suzuki Grand Vitara, Kia Sportage, etc.)

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For me, if I had to choose between the two, I'd get the Tucson CRDi 4x4 A/T.

But that's just me. Test drive both first.

Btw, monotone is an option on all Tucson units (additional Php5k?)

There are minor revisions to be had on the X-trail for '07 including round reflectors on the rear bumper and different switches for the interior (e.g. round hazard button).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Hyundai Tucson CRDi or Nissan XTrail 200X?